More threads by dotgal

dotgal

Reaction score
A local client is interested in getting more visibility for location search terms. They are a service business that drives to the customers' location so the area coverage is quite large. For example target keywords would be "[service] los angeles", "[service] irvine", etc.

What I've found out in my keyword research is that there is low search volume for the combination "[service] + location". However, for the term "[service] near me" there's actually decent search volume. Is it worth it to target location specific terms then? So if the site optimizes for "[service] los angeles" is it possible for the client's site to rank when a user queries "[service] near me"? Note, the client's business address isn't in Los Angeles.

I optimize for both the location and near me. We have done a ton of testing on optimizing for “near me” terms (ex: “plumber near me”) and have found that adding instances of “near you”, “nearby” and “near me” to the content of a page (including meta tags) does have a positive impact on ranking.

Typically, the meta description and title tag. I try to review GMB Insights and Search Console queries on a regular basis to discover new "near me" keyword variations that people are typing into Google.

I was wondering how you phase the "near me" "near you" in title without having appear like KW stuffing? I've consider using these KW's in Meta Descriptions in the form of a question. So for our case I would write, "looking for a personal chef near you?"

You're on the right path with that example!

Colon, Which meta tags are you using “near me” in? The description? Or others?

Dookie, you mentioned that people don’t seem to be searching for “service + location” very much. But if a person searches for “service” alone and they are doing so from Irvine, then wouldn’t optimizing for “service in Irvine” help out?

Hi Colan... I was wondering how you phase the "near me" "near you" in title without having appear like KW stuffing? I've consider using these KW's in Meta Descriptions in the form of a question. So for our case I would write, "looking for a personal chef near you?" then go on to answer this in the MD as well. Is this a good strategy? I'm curious about this because honestly there isn't a lot of volume and disparity in what's being searched regarding our business. It's pretty much private/personal chef near me or in CT. Thanks

So for our case I would write, "looking for a personal chef near you?" then go on to answer this in the MD as well. Is this a good strategy?
I did something like that, I made it into a little slogan since my company name rhymes with "near me".

The other variants that Colan mentioned ("nearby" and "near you") are easier to work in.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom