More threads by dotgal

dotgal

Reaction score
A local client is interested in getting more visibility for location search terms. They are a service business that drives to the customers' location so the area coverage is quite large. For example target keywords would be "[service] los angeles", "[service] irvine", etc.

What I've found out in my keyword research is that there is low search volume for the combination "[service] + location". However, for the term "[service] near me" there's actually decent search volume. Is it worth it to target location specific terms then? So if the site optimizes for "[service] los angeles" is it possible for the client's site to rank when a user queries "[service] near me"? Note, the client's business address isn't in Los Angeles.

I optimize for both the location and near me. We have done a ton of testing on optimizing for “near me” terms (ex: “plumber near me”) and have found that adding instances of “near you”, “nearby” and “near me” to the content of a page (including meta tags) does have a positive impact on ranking.

Colon, Which meta tags are you using “near me” in? The description? Or others?

Dookie, you mentioned that people don’t seem to be searching for “service + location” very much. But if a person searches for “service” alone and they are doing so from Irvine, then wouldn’t optimizing for “service in Irvine” help out?

Typically, the meta description and title tag. I try to review GMB Insights and Search Console queries on a regular basis to discover new "near me" keyword variations that people are typing into Google.

Hi Colan... I was wondering how you phase the "near me" "near you" in title without having appear like KW stuffing? I've consider using these KW's in Meta Descriptions in the form of a question. So for our case I would write, "looking for a personal chef near you?" then go on to answer this in the MD as well. Is this a good strategy? I'm curious about this because honestly there isn't a lot of volume and disparity in what's being searched regarding our business. It's pretty much private/personal chef near me or in CT. Thanks

I was wondering how you phase the "near me" "near you" in title without having appear like KW stuffing? I've consider using these KW's in Meta Descriptions in the form of a question. So for our case I would write, "looking for a personal chef near you?"

You're on the right path with that example!

So for our case I would write, "looking for a personal chef near you?" then go on to answer this in the MD as well. Is this a good strategy?
I did something like that, I made it into a little slogan since my company name rhymes with "near me".

The other variants that Colan mentioned ("nearby" and "near you") are easier to work in.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom