More threads by Echdip

Echdip

Reaction score
Hi all, I was wondering if there was a way to track branded and non-branded search terms from a local search perspective (GMB and local landing pages)?

I'd suggest checking out both Brightlocal and Whitespark's offerings. They both offer free trials. While we've been planning on trying out Whitespark's ranking and grid software, we've been a long-time Brightlocal subscriber and track our client's branded search terms (when appropriate) along with non-branded and competitor brands on GPB/GMB and local organic. Both companies are also active on this forum in providing their knowledge and expertise. I'm sure that @whitespark (Darren) and @Jenny_BrightLocal would be happy to assist you further if you've got any other questions.

I second Whitespark! They offer great SEO tools and their Local Rank Tracker is no exception.

I also recommend a grid tracking tool like LocalFalcon or Places Scout to accurately track GBP rankings across a city or service area.

Thanks for the shoutout @JeffClevelandTN, and thanks again for the recommendation.

@Echdip Our platform offers two powerful local ranking tracking tools—Local Rank Tracker and Local Search Grid. You can read more about these here: Track Local Rankings | BrightLocal | Try for Free

Feel free to sign up for the free trial and have a play around with the reports. Let me know how you get on, or if you have any questions and I'll be happy to help.

Last edited:
Hi all, I was wondering if there was a way to track branded and non-branded search terms from a local search perspective (GMB and local landing pages)?

Just run Google Ads on this GBP for a month. Then look at the Search Terms report provided by Google Ads. If you are familiar with the nature of this business, you will be able to easily differentiate between a branded and non-branded search term.

All the best.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom