More threads by ColoradoChris

Reaction score
Hi so I am trying to zero in on better local seo and curious if you try and add as many keywords and phrase variations on your pages?

Like I build horse barns and various outbuildings. Would I try and focus on adding phrases like custom horse barns, colorado barn builders etc on the page?

Or how do you build content around keywords?

Thank you

The short answer is write your page content for people, not search engines.

If you're thinking of keywords, you're on the wrong track.
If you're thinking of creating the best answer on the web for the question of what is the best door for a horse barn, (assuming that's a question your target market might ask) then that's what you write about.

But that question isn't specific to local SEO - that's a rule-of-thumb for any website.

You can put local aspects into your content, such as which are the best barn doors for Colorado because of the weather (as opposed to anywhere else). You could create a page of images of barns you've done in Colorado. But let's hear from the real experts -

There are some great posts for reading on this forum

Or, you could always take Linda's course...

Too many keywords is actually bad. Like wonderwoman says, too many keywords may take away from usability as the user can get confused and search engines will see it as an attempt to 'game' the system.

My favorite analogy is to view SEO and keywords as writing a well structure essay. Make the title, page description, headlines and sub-headlines, the body and paragraph text all tightly focused around a very common theme -just the facts, ma'am.

You would be better off with zero keywords than too much repetition, just make sure it's on the page somewhere and you'll be fine. If you are really looking to optimize at a high level, you should be looking at the phrase variations and longer term stuff and making sure that is on the page (ex: FAQs). That is much more important than the # of times your main keywords are used.

Thank you for the help. I actually sent an email to Linda here last week hoping to get some help with some of her classes. I hope I hear back soon.

Thank you for the help. I actually sent an email to Linda here last week hoping to get some help with some of her classes. I hope I hear back soon.

Check your spam folder, Chris. Linda has been having a slew of weird email issues. I can attest to Linda's training, well worth the investment.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom