More threads by mandeepb

mandeepb

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been trying to rank keywords for their actual page, but only the home page is ranking for them. The main page is fully optimized with targeted keywords and has good amounts of links too. What could be the solution?

tageted keyword: artificial grass melbourne (page: /artificial-grass-melbourne)

I am doubtful that we have "Melbourne" on the home page that is resisting this page to rank for its main keywords due to the home page's authority. Is it possible what I am thinking?

Thanks

Just to clarify, your home page is ranking for that kw, but you want to rank the actual subject page instead? Or in addition to? What exactly is your objective?

Getting both pages to rank will be pretty tough unless there is little competition.

If your home page is already ranking, isn't that good enough?

As you mentioned, the home page is optimized and has links, so that will usually be the strongest page.

Just to clarify, your home page is ranking for that kw, but you want to rank the actual subject page instead? Or in addition to? What exactly is your objective?

Getting both pages to rank will be pretty tough unless there is little competition.

If your home page is already ranking, isn't that good enough?

As you mentioned, the home page is optimized and has links, so that will usually be the strongest page.
@Tony Wang

thanks for the response. The objective is to rank the keywords for the actual landing page, not for the home page. The landing page is indexed in Google but still struggling to rank for relevant keywords. Yes, you're right, the home page is good and has plenty of links. do I need to optimize its heading tags?

the website name is SYNLawn Australia, and the landing page is artificial grass melbourne

Have you tried adding a link from the page that's ranking (homepage) to the page you want to rank that includes the anchor text of the keyword you're trying to rank it for?

Have you tried adding a link from the page that's ranking (homepage) to the page you want to rank that includes the anchor text of the keyword you're trying to rank it for?
@JoyHawkins

thanks for the reply, yes we did that last month. Thought Google would ignore the home page when tracking the landing page's keywords. But it is still not up in the rankings. Please see attached ss.

ss21.jpg

If possible, make the entire anchor text the keyword ("artificial grass Melbourne"). I realize that might be hard to do and keep proper grammar so you could do something like "artificial grass in Melbourne". I would also make it the first link on the page, in the body text, close up to the top of the page.

If possible, make the entire anchor text the keyword ("artificial grass Melbourne"). I realize that might be hard to do and keep proper grammar so you could do something like "artificial grass in Melbourne". I would also make it the first link on the page, in the body text, close up to the top of the page.
@JoyHawkins

Thanks again, yes that makes sense. I will do it right away. Cheers

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom