More threads by Oliver Keates

Reaction score
Has anyone had success in generating leads from GMB posts offers for the service industry?

Not so far, but we have only just begun using them for a small number of clients.

Im sure its going to be almost impossible to track as most customers wont tell you they saw the post and thats why they called they will just say found you online.

They are free though, and can be created in minutes so ya might as well put up some offers and catchy pictures.

most customers wont tell you they saw the post and thats why they called they will just say found you online.

That's why I have call tracking numbers on my GMB locations. - That way I can at least tell that they called from the GMB listing. I suppose that you could even use a different CTN in your GMB offer description.

That's why I have call tracking numbers on my GMB locations. - That way I can at least tell that they called from the GMB listing. I suppose that you could even use a different CTN in your GMB offer description.
giphy.gif

You can go a step farther and add a different CTN to the Call Action on GMB POsts :)

@BenFisher how do you add a call tracking number on the action button? It doesn't allow you to change the phone number.

Posts GMB.png

Hrrm ok I am mistaken, I thought at one point I could edit them.

Has anyone had success in generating leads from GMB posts offers for the service industry?
Hi Oliver,
Informational Posts have generated contacts and conversations that have lead to business. I'm in education, so may not be the type of service industry you are thinking of.

We use UTM codes to track conversions/leads from the Google Posts we do. We see some leads with a few businesses but the number is VERY low across the board.

This post by Moz highlights some other interesting considerations around Google Posts and lead generation. How to Boost Bookings & Conversions with Google Posts: An Interview with Joel Headley

Additionally, because we're tracking each URL in the knowledge panel separately, I can confidently say there's no cannibalization of clicks from other URLs as a result of adding Posts. While authority page CTR remained steady, services lost over 10% of the clicks and appointment URLs gained 10%. That indicates to me that not only are the Posts effective in driving appointments through the Posts CTA, it emphasizes the existing appointment CTA too. This was in the context of no additional product changes on our side.

Soon after they rolled out Posts, people were talking about being able to boost long-tail search position, by including terms in Posts. Is anyone seeing evidence of that?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom