More threads by coachmarino

coachmarino

Reaction score
I'm 50/50 but need more data...do you provide links in the business category/services area of GMB? If they have a well thought out page for each service?

in the info section, you get to list all your custom services, you could put links in those descriptions

@coachmarino, I don't bother. Though I guess you could put links in the "service" descriptions - in the sense that the GMB guidelines don't tell you not to - I don't think they'd be hyperlinked. That's also how it is in the main "business description," by the way.

I guess these are things I wish I had data to support. My clients are small, so we experiment and make data driven decisions but the data is not really large enough to be significant. I try to research best practices from people who have done the bigger jobs.

@coachmarino, yeah, I hear you. But the "experiment" part is way more important than the "data" part, in most cases. Partly because every client is different, and for multi-location clients one location can be in a completely different situation even from that of the client's other location(s). Plus, what moves the needle for larger businesses often doesn't apply for or have the same effect on smaller businesses, and vice versa. Especially if you're not also running AdWords for a given client, data just doesn't come into play in most of the decisions you might make - especially in GMB, where there aren't too many moving parts.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom