More threads by Nati

Nati

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm helping to promote a family business which is working pretty well for now.
my main keyword is working great, my listing is second place(although my competitor has less everything than me :mad:)
my main question is - when I search for a relatable keyword(e.g - pest control = exterminator) I only see my competitor listing(which from what I read means that google can't find me with this keyword)but I have reviews with this keyword which mean google's algorithm should get me in the search of this keyword, is there any other actions to take to make google's algorithm put me in this keyword
thank you in advance!

Hi Nati, so that you can receive the best advice and suggestions, it would be helpful to know some additional information. Here are some questions, just as a starting point:
  • Do you have content on your website that includes and alternates the use of "exterminator", "pest control service" and any other keywords/services you provide?
  • Have you optimized your Page Titles, Headers, Meta Descriptions?
  • Have you done any citation building?
  • What platform is your website? Wordpress, Wix, Weebly, other?
  • Other than reviews, what other SEO work has been done?
  • Have you claimed or created your Google My Business profile?
Is this your family business or a client's business.

Thanks!
Jeff

Hi Nati, so that you can receive the best advice and suggestions, it would be helpful to know some additional information. Here are some questions, just as a starting point:
  • Do you have content on your website that includes and alternates the use of "exterminator", "pest control service" and any other keywords/services you provide?
  • Have you optimized your Page Titles, Headers, Meta Descriptions?
  • Have you done any citation building?
  • What platform is your website? Wordpress, Wix, Weebly, other?
  • Other than reviews, what other SEO work has been done?
  • Have you claimed or created your Google My Business profile?
Is this your family business or a client's business.

Thanks!
Jeff
Hey Jeff, thank you very much for the quick answer
about question 1,2,4, the business is without a website, its a small business which I don't really think a website would necessarily help, from your experience even the business from small towns with very little competition, a website would help? because that means investing in businesses that don't make that much, I have some experience with WordPress but maintaining the website still costs monthly.
3. Yes, indeed, every big publisher website, the business is there.
5. Added pictures, wrote a nice, keyword containing description,i have 20 more reviews in another local big publishing website which google found and put it on my GMB page.I'm going to post a few posts regarding the business soon.
6.I created the GMB listing and I am in charge of it.
I am just helping a family member improve their business, the business improved a lot since i started working on the GMB page(significantly more clients)but i think there is much more potential clients if the business will be first place.
thank you in advance!

Hi Nati,

Yes, I would strongly recommend getting a website. I'm assuming the business is listed 2nd in the Google Local Pack, the section of Google results that shows the map? Without having a website, it will be very difficult for the business to have a strong organic position on Google's results and it will be much more difficult to rank for multiple keywords on the Local Pack or Organically without a dedicated website. If you are appearing on the Local Pack that is great but most studies have shown, year after year, that the majority user clicks go to the top ranking (1 thru 3) organic results on Google. Organic results being the results under the Local Pack. Here's a great article from Search Engine Journal that sums it up (but there are literally dozens more from other great publishers): Percentage of Google Clicks

I'm a huge fan of Wordpress but there is a learning curve and in order to get the best experience, you'd have to pay a monthly subscription fee to some company for professional hosting. In your case, I'd suggest looking in to Wix as they have a great free offering and they make it pretty easy (with a little reading) to accomplish most of the critical SEO tasks. Just research "how to make a Wix website SEO friendly". Lastly, make sure you have well written content that explains what "pest control services" you provide and mention the word "exterminator" in a natural way in your content.

Hopefully other users will give their feedback but if you have found my replies (or any others) helpful, please "upvote" user's replies by clicking on the arrow to the right of the reply. Looks like this is your first post, so going forward upvoting let's people know if the feedback was helpful. You can also "Like" peoples replies too.

A good portion of the GMB ranking strength comes through the associated website. Google will crawl the site and this is where it will find all those secondary keywords. If you can't get a site built (or it will take time before you can get this done), at the very least use the free GMB website which very simple to start with until you figure out a better option.

Hello everyone,
I'm helping to promote a family business which is working pretty well for now.
my main keyword is working great, my listing is second place(although my competitor has less everything than me :mad:)
my main question is - when I search for a relatable keyword(e.g - pest control = exterminator) I only see my competitor listing(which from what I read means that google can't find me with this keyword)but I have reviews with this keyword which mean google's algorithm should get me in the search of this keyword, is there any other actions to take to make google's algorithm put me in this keyword
thank you in advance!

How many keywords are in your title/main post? Make sure you keep your keywords in the 5-10 percentile range per post. You don't want to keyword stuff your post. Also, have you given the search engine an ample amount of time to your first your post? Have you submitted the page inside Google Search Engine Console? Some keyword phrases take 2-3 months before getting on any page.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom