More threads by ally2021

ally2021

Reaction score
bit of background recently got access to my GMB after a so-called SEO company was supposed to manage it

they gave me access to the gmb account after I canceled their service

i noticed a few glaring issues the 1st was the wrong cat , 2nd there was no description
lots of others - I edited everything that needed to be done

got the verification postcard a few days later - when i entered code gmb went straight to suspended

applied for reinstatement - they said not possible as someone on the account was suspected of spammy behavior and recommended i create a new gmb listing

i got another email from someone at google advising i was now the sole owner - so i assume they removed the person from the SEO that was suspected of spam

i since deleted the gbm listing but have not started to create a new one as yet - i was thinking they may still link any new gmb to orig one and suspend it

looking for help advice -

thanks ally

Hey! I'd just do as Google suggested. If you create a new GMB and the suspicious account is not added as a user you should be fine. It probably saves you a lot of time not focusing on the old listing anymore.

new issue - i cant log into GMB when i select sign in , it just takes me to google my business help
pages Manage the limit of businesses per account - Google My Business Help

it wont take me to the page where i can create new a gmb

i do have a verified google adds account I've had it for 5 years plus its not like I'm new to google
but I'm beginning to think this SEO company who messed up my gmb has caused more problems

ally

Last edited:
Hey Ally,

Did you reply to the reinstatement request and let Google know that they can reinstate it now? If they're still telling you that it's due to a user on the account, and you're the sole user, you need a new Google account set up.

HI the reinstatement email i got back from them advised creating a new gmb ,

shortly after that email i got another advising i was now the sole owner

you would think with the other account now removed they would consider reinstating, unfortunately, i deleted the Orig gmb from the account.as i thought it would affect the account

yje listing is still showing google maps so I guess I could try claiming it again
but I'm not sure how they would see that - re they advised to create a new listing

the issues I have now
1 I have no way of contacting google - the emails i received were from a do not reply email

2 I can't access my gmb panel to do anything now - all I get when i try to sign in is help page

see attached image

thanks, ally

gmbforum v1.png

Last edited:
hi thanks for the suggestion

when i click the own this business it just takes me back to google help pages

its like google are preventing me from accessing GMB area

pretty weird but I'm not surprised after reading a lot of the posts

I'm running out of ideas now - it would be good if i could talk to someone at GMB but i have no access

see attached images of the 2 emails i received from google - i removed the name of the person

i also tried the get started on the email - but this link doesn't work

locallisting x2.png

Can you post a thread on the GMB forum (Sign in - Google Accounts) and post the link to the thread? I'd be happy to send it to Google for you to see what the next steps are. Please include

1. Your business name & address
2. The case ID for the reinstatement request (should be in the subject line of the email from Google, if you received one).
3. A link to where Google can see the business is real (Secretary of State, BBB etc)
4. A link to the listing you're still seeing live on Google Maps but are unable to claim.

hi thanks ill do that asp --
not sure about the 3rd question
3. A link to where Google can see the business is real (Secretary of State, BBB etc) can you advise what this means - sorry if its nube question

ally

thanks, Joy re help on google form

when im creating a new google account - does that mean creating a new email etc

thanks, ally

would it be an idea to get the old gmb completely removed could anyone advise how to do this.

if i create new listing i don't want it to look like a duplicate etc

thanks ally

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom