Chris B

Reaction score
Have a new client that is now on the new dashboard but when I go in there and look to view his listing, it goes to Maps.

I'm assuming I have to create a business+ page for him in order to have a local+ page (if that's what it's still called, thought I read it may change yet again)

Are there any special requirements on this page, such as needing a head shot of owner, etc?

Thanks,

Chris

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Have a new client that is now on the new dashboard but when I go in there and look to view his listing, it goes to Maps.

I'm assuming I have to create a business+ page for him in order to have a local+ page (if that's what it's still called, thought I read it may change yet again)

Chris I wonder if it's doing that because the link to listing is not syncing yet? In the old dash it would take you to do not support when the listing was new.

Search for phone on maps, then for name and city and see if it comes up OK.

Not sure which way you mean "local+ page".

If you mean the page that shows in search that used to be called a Place page, no you don't have to create a G+ business page. You only need to create that page if you want social features. And if you don't have the option to create one right in your new dash yet, you should wait.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score

Chris, as far as I can tell that is the new normal. Again, this is just from my limited testing, but you are correct. If you click on the "live" tab in the new dash it takes you to the listing in maps.google.com

If you click on "more info" on that listing it should take you to the G+ Local page itself. There may be a way to go straight to the G+ Local page from the new dashboard but I haven't found it yet.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I need to get back into my test account and play. How many times have I said that this week? :rolleyes:

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
It looks like you have to do the upgrade to the merged Local G+ Page to get a link from the dashboard directly to the live page. Otherwise it looks like you can only navigate to the maps.google.com page.

new places dash links.jpg

new places dash links.jpg

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Client's Competition Keeps Trying to Take His Listing Spam on Google 2
M How to take down a listing without reverifying it Google My Business & Google Maps 1
MichaelW How long does it usually take for a listing to be reviewed? Help & Support for Google Local 8
L How to take over third party listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
S How long does the listing take to go live? Help & Support for Google Local 3
C Taking over and managing listings Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Marie Haynes How long did it take for your listing to be active after entering PIN? Local Search 6
Hammer GMB listing, can't find out who owns or request access All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
W Remove Listing Google Local 101 0
Collin "Delete this listing" vs "Remove listing" Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Hammer Site manager trying to get listing ownership All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 6
J Getting Rid of Incorrect Highlights in GMB mobile listing ( highlights you can't update on back end ) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A Old listing reflects the wrong information - But there's a twist. Google Duplicates & Merges 1
JoyHawkins Get Live Inventory Displayed on Your Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 6
greenworld_ Adding a new location extension for a separate GMB listing Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
M Removing old GMB listing from previous owner of premises Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Professor M New Local European Local listing removals Process Google My Business & Google Maps 1
1 GMB Listing Disabled after updating address... Google My Business & Google Maps 12
TriciaClements 3 Businesses - how to handle GMB listings for SAB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M Bar within hotel appearing in place of main hotel listing Help & Support for Google Local 6
Scott Rawlins GMB Listing in Greece Google My Business & Google Maps 4
RobertCarnitas GMB Spam for 'Located In' business - Does it affect the GMB listing for the business that is located inside it? Spam on Google 3
G Internet marketing company and map listings? Help & Support for Google Local 4
D New GMB listing possible due to acquisition of company? Service Area Businesses 3
Elmer .S How to delete duplicate Claimed listings on Yelp? Citations 5
L Multiple Listing Against Guidelines? Multi-Location Issues 4
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
Colan Nielsen NEW Claim your listing on BrightLocal's Agency Directory: Get in front of relevant customers and win leads LSF News and Announcements 3
TriciaClements Realtor Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 14
jross Incomplete GMB Listing Error? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Annika Neudecker Mysteriously vanishing GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 5
S Old Listing Hijacked by another business Spam on Google 2
WAHamilton Main listing filtered by duplicate, after duplicate is marked as 'closed' Google Duplicates & Merges 6
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13
NickB-Tampa Should all the phone numbers on the landing page to our GMB listing be included in the structured data? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
FriarTuck00 Question Regarding GMB Listings and Phone Numbers Multi-Location Issues 3
Greg Bernhardt Increased frequency of listing suspensions for legit changes Google My Business & Google Maps 8
R Car Dealerships Multi Listings by department Multi-Location Issues 4
Colan Nielsen NEW Free Apple Listing Management For Brands With 20+ Locations LSF News and Announcements 0
coachmarino Advice for Suspended Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Professor M Is Google thinking of adding payment capabilities to GMB listings/website? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
NickB-Tampa How can I unsync Google My Business from my Bing Places listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
C Changing website on GMB listing seems to have caused massive a loss of traffic :( Moving or Name Changes 1
B GMB listing missing from search, dashboard and GSC. Yikes!!! Help & Support for Google Local 3
D Should I Bother Updating NAP on Business Listings and 3rd Party Sites? Citations 7
J Wrong GMB Listing Appearing when Searching for Physician by Name Google My Business & Google Maps 4
B Will Removing Addresses for Multiple State SAB Result in Dup Listing or Suspension? Service Area Businesses 4
Hammer Can't enter verification code due to error "To verify your listing, update your business info" All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
brownaddesign Help with Bing Places - Accidently imported all our GMB listings Local Search 3
E What is the Click Through Rate / Conversion Rate for GMB or Local 3 Pack listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 3