More threads by Jonathan Sousa

Reaction score
I noticed a significant drop in performance for some of my clients in February.

I did traditional ranking analysis, seasonality, etc. Nothing appeared to be "out of the ordinary".

So I decided to analyze the keywords that trigger the business profiles and I noticed that some that brought important volumes were zeroed in February.

I selected all to compare, see below:

branded searchs.jpg

After that, I tried to find congruence between these keywords and noticed something: They all have brand mentions.

Finally, I did Google searches using these keywords and concluded that none of them were triggering the Local Pack anymore.

Note: I also found the same for searches involving products, although the sample is smaller, the behavior seems to be the same.

Interesting. What industry is this? Is the brand name one that's well-known? Do they have multiple locations?

Interesting. What industry is this? Is the brand name one that's well-known? Do they have multiple locations?

I analyzed about 15 locations, in different cities or states. All from businesses with multiple locations.

This case is related to the home appliance niche.

Affected keywords are typically set to "appliance + brand name".

The brands mentioned in the keywords are well known.

I saw this happen for the garage door niche last fall. Local packs were removed for a lot of garage door manufacturer brand terms.

Solution
Isn't a general decrease of three-packs since the height of Spring/summer 2022 well documented? Maybe it's just a continuation of that?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom