Kyrton

Reaction score
So I have hired on a person to help my with my local web presence.

What we have done is selected a few cities in which we want to rank on.

The idea is to weekly or biweekly add fresh content, 150-300 word mini posts for each city. The older posts get pushed down. All content is unique and contains our keywords.

Then we tapper it off to perhaps once a month post.

He is measuring the results and we have seen improvement on the SERP.

I've never heard of this tactic before and was wondering if you guys could validate it.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm not surprised that this is working but I would proceed with caution. I actually usually preach the opposite strategy. I just copied and pasted this from my Local SEO training:

Instead of asking a content writer to add 10 pieces of content about a specific topic to a website each month, it’s much better to have the strategy that has been adopted and preached about by some very smart people in the SEO industry. The concept is that it’s better to have a few great pieces that get tons of traffic than to have tons of mediocre stuff that gets less than 10 visitors a month. That type of content also generally has a really high bounce rate and don’t forget that Google has an algorithm that fights low-quality content (Panda).

https://ahrefs.com/blog/seo-strategy/
How to Get 260.7% More Organic Traffic In 14 Days (New Strategy + Case Study)

I use this strategy with my own clients. For example, I spent time redoing an article for a local business that got a decent amount of traffic and had their traffic go from 288 visits in 28 days to 1747 visits in 28 days.

I'm all about quality over quantity and I'm pretty sure Google is as well.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I'm not surprised that this is working but I would proceed with caution. I actually usually preach the opposite strategy. I just copied and pasted this from my Local SEO training:

Instead of asking a content writer to add 10 pieces of content about a specific topic to a website each month, it?s much better to have the strategy that has been adopted and preached about by some very smart people in the SEO industry. The concept is that it?s better to have a few great pieces that get tons of traffic than to have tons of mediocre stuff that gets less than 10 visitors a month. That type of content also generally has a really high bounce rate and don?t forget that Google has an algorithm that fights low-quality content (Panda).

https://ahrefs.com/blog/seo-strategy/
How to Get 260.7% More Organic Traffic In 14 Days (New Strategy + Case Study)

I use this strategy with my own clients. For example, I spent time redoing an article for a local business that got a decent amount of traffic and had their traffic go from 288 visits in 28 days to 1747 visits in 28 days.

I'm all about quality over quantity and I'm pretty sure Google is as well.

Joy, is that local traffic though? Were you able to write a local article that brought in local traffic?

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Joshua,

Good question. About 1/3 of the traffic to that page currently is local. I also noticed though that the increase in popularity of some of his pages helped his entire site as a whole. We saw really awesome things happen with his rankings for the area his office is in, even keywords unrelated to the article.

Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
I'm with Joy on the more robust content angle. The smaller content wouldn't be enough to answer a particular question or really help anyone in a substantial way. The only time I do smaller content chunks is if i'm posting on an external site (think web 2.0's) to give people a taste of the full article on the main site.

The main part of that strategy is more for ORM than anything else.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Nicole Basham Cons of Removing Second FB Page Profile/"Extra" Twitter account for Local SAB? Mobile & Social 1
S What makes a great Home/Landing Page in Local? Local Search 6
Imperialpest Page Speed and Local / Ranking Question Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
coachmarino Correct Map to Embed in Local Landing Pages Local Search 4
georgebizpro What are your favorite on-page local SEO tactics? Local Search 2
Jens Multiple local pages for the same location? Local Content 1
Creativedge Is the Facebook page name important for local search? Local Search 1
R Local City Service Pages Local Search 2
dave101 Local City Page Examples Local Search 4
CJCJR Rise & Fall: Local Service Page via Paid Links Local Search 4
T Avoiding Doorway Pages/Creating Unique Local Content Local Search 0
CraigJMount Local Queries Going Straight to LSA Landing Page? Local Search 7
P Creating local city pages near to my branches advice Local Search 4
whiz Is local ranking just on-page, location, citations and reviews? Local Search 4
CharlotteSEOExpert On-Page Local SEO Strategy for Quicker Rankings Local Search 0
J Local SEO + SEO impact of filler pages Local Search 2
G Merging Google+ Brand Page with Google My Business Local Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 5
L Verified business listing but no associated Google+ Local Page? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
latin_sydney Verified business listing but no associated Google+ Local Page? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
Gsmithmike How do you optimize Local Landing pages? Organic SEO 8
Ryan77 Creating Local SEO Content (Avoiding Doorway Pages) Local Search 17
Linda Buquet The Optimal Local Landing Page For Attorneys - NiftyLaw Local Search 1
Linda Buquet Scammy Local SEOs that Hold Client GMB Pages Hostage Spam on Google 3
J Local Store Landing Page Builder? Local Search 0
Tim Colling Convert Google brand page to local page Google My Business & Google Maps 6
J Examples of Amazing Local Landing Pages - List them Here! Local Content 14
JoyHawkins Examples of Amazing Local Landing Pages - List them Here! Local Content 30
L Properly Transferring Ownership of a Local Google+ Page Consultant's Corner 4
James Watt Brick and Mortar client has a facebook page, but not a local business facebook page. Mobile & Social 2
Linda Buquet Beware Nasty URL Hack on Verified Local Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet Google Official - Reviews Will Not Come Back on G+ Local Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 30
RuggedSEO 1 website & 1 GMB page - found in multiple cities for local search results Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Linda Buquet Designing The Perfect Local Landing Page - Free Guide and Template Local Search 1
I An individual URL of a Google Local Page Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet New Local 3 Pack Advanced Hack PLUS Speculation: New Style Local Page Coming? Google My Business & Google Maps 39
Linda Buquet The 28th Google+ Local Page Removals Happened on 27th? Good News Though Google My Business & Google Maps 6
L Multi-Location SEO: City Page Content the Easy Way (From a Local Content Writer) Local Content 11
Linda Buquet Multi-Location SEO: City Page Content the Easy Way (From a Local Content Writer) Local Content 11
B Dental SEO: Internal pages in local pack? Google Local 101 4
L Easy Win! How to Build out Small Town Local Landing Pages - The Magistrate Multi-Location Issues 3
Linda Buquet Easy Win! How to Build out Small Town Local Landing Pages - The Magistrate Multi-Location Issues 3
R Wrong type of local page?? Can't leave reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C Which is the better Naming Scheme for "Subdirectory" for Local City Landing Pages? Help & Support for Google Local 11
John Tabita Can't Verify Changes to Google Local Page, Error Message Google My Business & Google Maps 10
L BRILLIANT Idea for Local Landing Pages! Automated Customer Content Local Content 2
Linda Buquet BRILLIANT Idea for Local Landing Pages! Automated Customer Content Local Content 2
L 25 Local Landing Page Principles to Avoid Google Doorway Problems - by Phil Multi-Location Issues 0
Linda Buquet 25 Local Landing Page Principles to Avoid Google Doorway Problems - by Phil Multi-Location Issues 0
Linda Buquet Is that a Local Doorway Page or a Local Landing Page? Nifty Tips from Nifty Lance Local Search 2
L Local Content: Blog post or New Page Local Content 1