More threads by carltonrsmith

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a potential client who is part of a large insurance company. He has a "captive" insurance agency website that consists of one page.
He has a Google Places page and some decent rankings for some of the local SEO terms, but I'm having trouble thinking of a strategy that can help him.
In all likelihood, we're not going to be able to do any sort of spinoff microsite AND to make things harder, he cannot add content to the corporate one page/business card website he has.
Any thoughts appreciated.

A lot of manual work basically. We focus a lot on citation building and getting NAP consistency along with helping them come up with strategies in their office to get reviews. State Farm agents aren't allowed business pages on G+ either so you won't be able to upgrade the page without the agent getting in trouble.

State Farm agents aren't allowed business pages on G+ either so you won't be able to upgrade the page without the agent getting in trouble.

Interesting. I've seen several State Farm agents who have use their personal names and "State Farm Insurance Agent" (or something like that) as the names of their Google+Local page. So that's not kosher?

Oh they're allowed local listings, just not any of the social features (that's what I meant by "business page" but I realize there are tons of different names for it). So they can't have the posts on their page at all or have people in their circles etc.

@Joy

Gotcha. Thanks for that. I'm assuming it's State Farm - rather than Google - that doesn't allow agents to have the social bells and whistles of Google+.

Oh yes, it is definitely not Google

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom