Reaction score
As the subject line indicates, I have locations A & B (of the same brand,) moving to new location C. I don't see a "How to" already written for the particular move for Google Business Profile. I'm think I should start by changing the address & phone for locations A & B to their new address, then after a week or two, merge the two? I will have to do the same for Bing and Apple Maps. Any advice is welcome.

Thank you,

Mike

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

I would try for Google's "move" feature. Ask GBP Support to "move" the former locations into the new one.

About 24 to 72 hours after Google marks a listing “Moved,” you’ll see a few things happen:

• The listing will completely vanish from Google Search, making it impossible for customers to accidentally see. Searches on Google for the brand or the brand + address will populate the new listing.
  • Since the listing doesn’t show up anywhere, the “Permanently closed” message won’t show up anywhere either.
  • When you load the old listing using the CID number, the listing will still pull up on Google Maps with a “permanently closed” label.
  • Reviews from the closed listing will transfer to the new listing (double-check to make sure that happens).
  • The actual record for the listing for the old location doesn’t disappear in the backend so there isn’t a loss of data that would cause Google to want to recreate the listing in the future.

Reaction score
Hey Mike,

I would try for Google's "move" feature. Ask GBP Support to "move" the former locations into the new one.

About 24 to 72 hours after Google marks a listing “Moved,” you’ll see a few things happen:

• The listing will completely vanish from Google Search, making it impossible for customers to accidentally see. Searches on Google for the brand or the brand + address will populate the new listing.
  • Since the listing doesn’t show up anywhere, the “Permanently closed” message won’t show up anywhere either.
  • When you load the old listing using the CID number, the listing will still pull up on Google Maps with a “permanently closed” label.
  • Reviews from the closed listing will transfer to the new listing (double-check to make sure that happens).
  • The actual record for the listing for the old location doesn’t disappear in the backend so there isn’t a loss of data that would cause Google to want to recreate the listing in the future.

Colan,

THanks. Can I assume that Google's "move" feature isn't anything I can find on the Google Business Profile Page, but rather a manual support request?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU

LocalU Nov2021

Most UpVoted Answers

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom