More threads by mikepetersonwi

Reaction score
As the subject line indicates, I have locations A & B (of the same brand,) moving to new location C. I don't see a "How to" already written for the particular move for Google Business Profile. I'm think I should start by changing the address & phone for locations A & B to their new address, then after a week or two, merge the two? I will have to do the same for Bing and Apple Maps. Any advice is welcome.

Thank you,

Mike

Hey Mike,

I would try for Google's "move" feature. Ask GBP Support to "move" the former locations into the new one.

About 24 to 72 hours after Google marks a listing “Moved,” you’ll see a few things happen:

• The listing will completely vanish from Google Search, making it impossible for customers to accidentally see. Searches on Google for the brand or the brand + address will populate the new listing.
  • Since the listing doesn’t show up anywhere, the “Permanently closed” message won’t show up anywhere either.
  • When you load the old listing using the CID number, the listing will still pull up on Google Maps with a “permanently closed” label.
  • Reviews from the closed listing will transfer to the new listing (double-check to make sure that happens).
  • The actual record for the listing for the old location doesn’t disappear in the backend so there isn’t a loss of data that would cause Google to want to recreate the listing in the future.

Hey Mike,

I would try for Google's "move" feature. Ask GBP Support to "move" the former locations into the new one.

About 24 to 72 hours after Google marks a listing “Moved,” you’ll see a few things happen:

• The listing will completely vanish from Google Search, making it impossible for customers to accidentally see. Searches on Google for the brand or the brand + address will populate the new listing.
  • Since the listing doesn’t show up anywhere, the “Permanently closed” message won’t show up anywhere either.
  • When you load the old listing using the CID number, the listing will still pull up on Google Maps with a “permanently closed” label.
  • Reviews from the closed listing will transfer to the new listing (double-check to make sure that happens).
  • The actual record for the listing for the old location doesn’t disappear in the backend so there isn’t a loss of data that would cause Google to want to recreate the listing in the future.

Colan,

THanks. Can I assume that Google's "move" feature isn't anything I can find on the Google Business Profile Page, but rather a manual support request?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom