More threads by Conor Treacy

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a copyright lawyer that others have worked with. The company we're working with has a domain name, and another company has opened up with the same name but added "i" to the middle of their name.

Our client has been online for about 20 years, and the new company is online just 2 months. When you type in the new company name, Google says "did you mean XYZ instead", so there's at least a Common Use claim, but not a Trademark as they never did trademark the name.

So I'm hunting for a legal resource for the client. Has anyone worked with a copyright lawyer that they like? If I should be hunting for a different legal advisor, I'm happy to head that route too.

Thanks,

Thanks for the feedback guys. We've left voicemails at both locations today and hoping for a return call shortly.

It's been an interesting case so far, and I'm not sure how it will play out, but I appreciate the links for the other firms you have used!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom