More threads by PhxAZattorney

PhxAZattorney

Reaction score
I made an edit to my LSA profile 3 weeks ago. Ever since, my LSA profile is not being displayed, in spite of the profile still being verified. I've been and LSA advertiser for 3 years, so am pretty familiar with the platform. I've checked all obvious settings, hours, billing, etc. I've contacted customer support and have been told "not to worry" they are aware of the issye and are working on it. They won't tell me what the "issue" is or how long, if ever, it will take for them to fix. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?

What type of edits did you make?
Did you check for verification and/or policy issues?
Is there a billing issue?

I'm definitely not the only one feeling your frustration. My actions would be:
  1. Wait for it to get fixed, while remaining annoyingly persistent with support (ref case IDs in repeated comms).
  2. Or abandon the account, unlink from GBP, and start a new account.
Could be a bug, I've had support finally admit to a "bug" a couple times - one that erroneously applied a super low daily spend limit (ex: $14) to random accounts. And another that supposedly affected all PI law accounts in a particular state. In both cases, accounts were ghost towns for weeks, not days.

But again, all anecdotal.

What type of edits did you make?
Did you check for verification and/or policy issues?
Is there a billing issue?

I'm definitely not the only one feeling your frustration. My actions would be:
  1. Wait for it to get fixed, while remaining annoyingly persistent with support (ref case IDs in repeated comms).
  2. Or abandon the account, unlink from GBP, and start a new account.
Could be a bug, I've had support finally admit to a "bug" a couple times - one that erroneously applied a super low daily spend limit (ex: $14) to random accounts. And another that supposedly affected all PI law accounts in a particular state. In both cases, accounts were ghost towns for weeks, not days.

But again, all anecdotal.

I made edits to the areas served, from county specific, to city specific. There are no verification or policy issues - the profile is still google verified.

Luckily, I have another location with a separate name that I turned back on and am seeing impressions. Unfortunately, that location has about 500 less reviews than my main, but at least I'm able to get a profile up until this gets resolved (if it ever does).

Question for you about deleting and starting over. Would that mean I would also have to delete and restart a GBP account, losing all my reviews; or, can I just delete the LSA and create a new one linking to my existing GBP?

Thanks for your insight.

As for the last ditch no other option, you would contact LSA support to have them "denylist" (unlink/disassociate) the soon-to-be trashed LSA acct from the GBP. You wouldn't have to delete or redo another GBP. You'd lose reviews acquired from that LSA account - as far as I know, so that's something to confirm with support.

I'd keep waiting since its only (relative, I know) been 3 weeks - and they said they're working on whatever it is they're not sharing.

Here's their response from today:

I want to assure you that this is a top priority and I'm escalating the issue to the team for further investigation. You can expect an update from us as soon as we hear answers.
As of now, the investigation is still underway. Our team is really digging into details to fully understand what's going on. We are dedicated to a deep dive review to make sure we handle it the right way. While we don't get answers yet, I want to assure you that resolving this is a top priority for us. We're looking at all possible ways to figure out the best to fix it. I will make sure to keep you in the loop with any major progress.

We have not identified the exact reason yet since the investigation is ongoing. We apologize for any inconvenience. Rest assured that we will contact you as soon as we have the answer.

It is not advisable to do that while we are trying to identify what the issue is. I know you are excited to start running your ads but the new set up might take longer than getting this issue resolved.

Well at least escalation is something, and the response. Keep us posted if you don't mind sharing.

I’m having the same problem with a new account I created. Every time I call I get the same response that they are aware of the issue of the ad not showing live and that it’s a top priority for them and I’ll be contacted soon. Same thing every time I call with no update or resolution.

Nope. It's not been over a month since I opened up a new ticket, and still not changes to my profile. I remain verified, but ads aren't running. I'm not going to hold my breath that my ads will ever come back

And the Policy Manager is clear? And no billing issues, arbitrarily applied daily spending limits, overdue charges, or any other wonkiness on any billing pages?

And you're seeing 0 impressions on your Reports tab?

Policy manager is clear, no billing issues (in fact, I have about a $2,000 credit), credit card is still active, and my profile remains google screened/verified. Google continues to say they're aware of a problem and are working on in, but they won't tell me what the problem is.

Going on my second month of ads not running. I still have no policy violtions and remain verified. Google says they're working on the issue. Doubtful. Anyone have any advice?

Fixed. After two long months, Google finally started displaying my ads again. They said it violated a "click bait" policy. I have no idea what this means.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom