More threads by Oliver Keates

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any guides or best practices as to how to manage a handful of clients GMB listing as a freelancer/consultant? Ideally its just the invitation process i am looking for to become a manager. I understand the client can log into their GMB listing and invite you via email. Being a sole trader and not having a company i would initially manage a few clients so i would be unable to create an agency dashboard due to not having a business name and a company website.

thanks

if you establish a good track record of Map edits, your account is more likely to be trusted with future edits.
Yep, this is absolutely true. I just often see that people make incorrect edits without intending to. There is a huge discrepancy between Google's written guidelines, what they actually enforce, and how they treat verified vs non-verified listings so it is very easy to get it wrong. I wouldn't risk my clients' listings in the sense that I would keep those 2 accounts completely separate.

@Oliver Keates Yes you have to use a company email. I should probably write an article on this - good idea.

@JoyHawkins that's good to know , that making Maps edits are easily mistaken as spam. I recall years ago folks saying that if you establish a good track record of Map edits, your account is more likely to be trusted with future edits. Maybe that was just hearsay? Or maybe I remember wrongly :-(
Hey Tony, I don't think you are mistaken. I believe it has to do with the trustworthiness of your Google profile, i.e. Guide Level. My level is above average at 7, and usually my map edits (including spammy names) are immediately approved. Google routinely sends me emails with "how my map edits are making a difference" and I do receive points for the name changes I submitted. While the redressal form is now the Google's preferred way of addressing GMB name spam, I don't think that credible Google accounts need to worry about being flagged as spammy edits.

Actually I use my personal account because of my level and this article written by Joy in 2020 (see section "Submitting Edits"): [2020] The Ultimate Guide to Fighting Spam on Google Maps - Sterling Sky Inc

If this is no longer the case, definitely would like to hear from Joy about it :)

Hey Tony, I don't think you are mistaken. I believe it has to do with the trustworthiness of your Google profile, i.e. Guide Level. My level is above average at 7, and usually my map edits (including spammy names) are immediately approved. Google routinely sends me emails with "how my map edits are making a difference" and I do receive points for the name changes I submitted. While the redressal form is now the Google's preferred way of addressing GMB name spam, I don't think that credible Google accounts need to worry about being flagged as spammy edits.

Actually I use my personal account because of my level and this article written by Joy in 2020 (see section "Submitting Edits": [2020] The Ultimate Guide to Fighting Spam on Google Maps - Sterling Sky Inc

If this is no longer the case, definitely would like to hear from Joy about it :)
Sorry! Looks like @JoyHawkins already answered your post 😁

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom