djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
An Online Resource You Don’t Want to Miss: The Matt Cutts Short Cutts
by Amanda DiSilvestro, Search Engine Journal
May 14, 2013

The Short Cutts works as somewhat of an online directory of videos created by the head of the Google Webspam Team himself, Matt Cutts. The website is by popular online marketing company Click Consult who saw a need to organize these videos. It was becoming clear that the very helpful videos created by Cutts were beginning to get jumbled because there were so many. Since 2009, Cutts has created over 500 videos.

1. Search an SEO Question. As with any directory, you have a search bar where you will want to type in any SEO question that you have. If Cutts has created a video about anything similar, it (or they) will pop up on the screen in a grid-like format. You can sort whether you want to see the newest or the oldest videos first.
  2. Choose a Category. You can decide which category you want to search in to find a video. You can search all categories (which is what I usually do), but if it’s something general you might want to narrow it down. A few of the categories available include Link Building, SERPs, Google Updates, and even Matt Cutts Trivia.
  3. The Video. As you likely assumed, one part of the results is going to be the actual video, which you can click and watch right there on the same page.
  4. Text for the Video. The second part of your results is going to be the question followed by a very short answer. In some cases, the answer will just be a simple yes or no. It’s the best way for you to get what you need without having to watch the video (sometimes even 2 minutes is longer than you need!)

You can find this directory at TheShortCutts.com.

Read more...

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djbaxter Matt Cutts: You still got it, Matt. Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
Linda Buquet Friday Fun Cartoon - Where is Matt Cutts? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
djbaxter Matt Cutts on SEO: A Retrospective Organic SEO 1
Linda Buquet Matt Cutts Taking Leave of Absence from Google Organic SEO 1
Dustybones MATT CUTTS: Understanding the quality of a webpage that doesn't have links Local Search 2
Dustybones MATT CUTTS: Discusses 404 and 410 errors and how Google deals with them. Local Search 0
Dustybones Matt Cutts on How Google tests its Algorithm Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Dustybones Matt Cutts wisdom on how to figure out what Algorithm you have been hit with Local Search 0
djbaxter Matt Cutts: Don't build links using article directories Organic SEO 1
djbaxter Matt Cutts: What percentage of PageRank is lost through a 301 redirect? Organic SEO 0
tpraja Re: Matt Cutts on Negative SEO: Implications for Local Recycle Bin 0
djbaxter Matt Cutts and Othar Hansson on How to Establish Authorship Organic SEO 3
djbaxter Matt Cutts on Negative SEO: Implications for Local Organic SEO 0
Y Re: Matt Cutts Works on Christmas - Says Press Release Links Don't Count Recycle Bin 0
djbaxter Matt Cutts does Jurassic Park Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 4
Linda Buquet Matt Cutts Works on Christmas - Says Press Release Links Don't Count Organic SEO 10
djbaxter Matt Cutts blasts snake oil SEO Organic SEO 5
Colan Nielsen More Cursing From Matt Justice Mod Squad 8
Brian Cutts Recommends Google Consumer Surveys Local Search 1
jpayne7 Business Planning on Moving Multiple Times in Short Timeframe Moving or Name Changes 2
Lanerizz GMB Removing Short Names Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Zhanna Autoselected short descriptions of businesses on maps Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Colan Nielsen [New GMB Bug] Profile Short Name Issue with "Reviews" URL Local Reviews 1
djbaxter The search could not be completed because the keywords were too short, too long, or too common. How To Guides 3
JoyHawkins Google Now Shows Short Names on About Tab Google News: Important Changes & Features 6
genteinvencible Why is sometimes Google showing this short description? Local Search 3
ashley.smith Too many reviews in a short period of time Local Reviews 2
Lanerizz Google Short Link Not Working Properly Google My Business & Google Maps 18
PaulSteinbrueck GMB Short Name Option Not Availble. Direct Link? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
djbaxter Google short names: Still broken and the plot thickens Google My Business & Google Maps 4
KristiSimone GMB Short Names - Are they important? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Cordell Crowley Multiple 1-star Reviews in Short Timeframe Google My Business & Google Maps 14
Oliver Keates Does my GMB short name have to match the business name for my listing to be optimised? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
ganapathy What is "Add Profile Short Name" in GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
S Create a short name & URL for your business Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Linda Buquet How are Short Descriptions (Snippets) on Google Local Business Listings Generated? Google My Business & Google Maps 4