More threads by Niki Gross

Niki Gross

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the Business Categories that normally display at the top of the Local Pack change since the algo update? Or has this occurred for some time now? (I'm only able to see visuals of archived SERPs backdated through 11/30 to pinpoint when we started seeing the 'inappropriate' category for our listing).

Search term for this result = Roll Off Dumpster

'Electric Utility Company' seems random considering each of the 3 LP listings have the same category - which is historically what we've seen for the search term above.

Depending on the location, we're seeing at least 3 different categories rotating with 'Electric Utility Company' for the same search term.

category.png

That does seem odd. I can't replicate it since I'm not in Charleston myself and when I put "roll off dumpster charleston sc" I get "Waste Management Services" at the top.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom