More threads by Kasey R.

Kasey R.

Reaction score
I noticed this morning that the category "neurologist" is now gone. For one of my clients that is set as such, their category is showing in red with this message:
Neurologist.PNG

The client is located in Pennsylvania for reference. I confirmed other listings for our clients are showing in red as well. Cardiologist was another example.

I started digging into more clients and it looks like a large majority of our healthcare specific categories are missing (Dermatologist, Family Practice Physician, Internist, Gastroenterologist, Transplant Surgeon to name a few more). This is extremely concerning since this can directly impact the results/rankings. Has anyone else seen this or know what is going on?

Went to make a primary category change today on an account - "family practice physician" should provider better leads for us - but apparently I can select it anymore?

As well as "doctor" "general practitioner".

Still seeing tons of results come up with "family practice physician" as category in map pack.

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 1.00.24 PM.jpg

I just checked and found all these categories are removed now. Due to how many there are, I'm not sure this is intended. Colan has already alerted Google about it so we're waiting to see if it's a bug.

Venereologist
Vascular surgeon
Urologist
Transplant surgeon
Surgeon
Speech pathologist
Sexologist
Rheumatologist
Radiologist
Pulmonologist
Psychosomatic medical practitioner
Psychoanalyst
Proctologist
Physician assistant
Physiatrist
Pediatrician
Pediatric urologist
Pediatric surgeon
Pediatric rheumatologist
Pediatric pulmonologist
Pediatric orthopedic surgeon
Pediatric neurologist
Pediatric nephrologist
Pediatric hematologist
Pediatric gastroenterologist
Pediatric endocrinologist
Pediatric dermatologist
Pediatric cardiologist
Pathologist
Pain management physician
Otolaryngologist
Orthopedic surgeon
Occupational medical physician
Obstetrician-gynecologist
Nurse practitioner
Neurosurgeon
Neurophysiologist
Neurologist
Nephrologist
Neonatal physician
Men's health physician
Kinesiologist
Internist
Intensivist
Infectious disease physician
Immunologist
Hyperbaric medicine physician
Hepatologist
Hematologist
Hand surgeon
Gynecologist
Geriatrician
General practitioner
Gastrointestinal surgeon
Gastroenterologist
Fertility physician
Family practice physician
Endoscopist
Endocrinologist
Doula
Diabetologist
Dermatologist
Cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon
Cardiologist
Bariatric surgeon
Audiologist
Anesthesiologist
Allergist

Yeah I'm experiencing this as well. Let me know if you need more exampl

I don't know about you all, but I am leery of ever using the term "clinic" in my keywords or category list. Clinic implies free or cheap to me. Am I alone on this one or do you agree?

Went to make a primary category change today on an account - "family practice physician" should provider better leads for us - but apparently I can select it anymore?

As well as "doctor" "general practitioner".

Still seeing tons of results come up with "family practice physician" as category in map pack.

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 1.00.24 PM.jpg

Clinic implies free or cheap to me. Am I alone on this one or do you agree?
We use "clinic" on both an optometrist site and with a health clinic that we worked with years ago (business no longer exists). For the health clinic, they were a provider specifically for those that were not insured.

I've not worked with an Urgent Care place, but the local one here in Omaha uses "Urgent Care Clinic" on their signage. Then you have "Mayo Clinic" and "CHI Health Clinic" which is more of a walk-in place than anything else.

It may depend on the region as I don't recall "clinic" being used when I lived in California.

I'm still seeing categories & addresses in red.
If I remove Audiologist, they both go back to normal.
Changing the order of categories doesn't help.
Is there any update on whether this is a glitch and being fixed or if healthcare categories are going by the wayside?

Thanks Colin - They still show live on the front end but my clients are freaking because of all the red in their profiles... 🙃

Yes I'm seeing the same thing and that's why it's likely a bug. I also haven't seen this impact rankings in a negative way so you can let your client know that as well.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom