More threads by Chris Ratchford

Chris Ratchford

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
I have a dentist client who's moving their practice in two weeks to a new location, in the same city.

I explained that this is going to be a long process and to be patient. I told him that we're going to have to close his Google local listing and open a new location. He's not happy about losing his reviews, but I told him it's the only way we can do this.

I'd like to get your opinions on the best route for updating the business' NAP for all the citations.

Would this be a good idea to pay for Neustar/Localeze's premium listing?

We're going to need to clean the data up top so that the new address funnels down to the local listings.

I have a dentist client who's moving their practice in two weeks to a new location, in the same city.

I explained that this is going to be a long process and to be patient. I told him that we're going to have to close his Google local listing and open a new location. He's not happy about losing his reviews, but I told him it's the only way we can do this.

Chris you asked about the citations but I wanted to catch you on the 1st 2 issues.

You know you are no longer supposed to open new and close old listing when someone moves right?
That changed a few months ago. Let me know if you missed it and I'll try to find the post for you.

I assume you also know that now there is an option in some cases to have Google move reviews over to the new listing? If you aren't aware of this new option let me know and I'll find that post for you too.

Thanks Linda! I didn't know about that. Saved a lot headaches with that one!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom