More threads by DickHannah

DickHannah

Reaction score
Currently running through an issue with 1 of our 15 automotive dealership stores. Previously, we faced a duplicate error caught by Google's bot (Shared same address). Spoke with Google support to notify them that it was entirely different category, hours, site, etc. They re-activated the listing and all the information and reviews were returned mid-March. To this date, it seems like the listing has been treated as a new location and not showing up when the brand query is entered. Instead, one of our other listings is being shown.

This is the listing we want shown when "Dick Hannah Honda" is searched: Dick Hannah Honda

This department is what is currently being shown: Honda Used Cars

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Paul

Hi,
I will give this a try. It was originally set to the used landing page, but when the other listing wasn't being shown; I changed it to the homepage.

Colan, it doesn't look like it has done much. By looking at this link: dick hannah honda - Google Search

I am seeing that Google has made the "used car listing" as the primary as it shows the relation with our departments (parts and service). How do I reach out to Google support during this time?

Colan, it doesn't look like it has done much. By looking at this link: dick hannah honda - Google Search

I am seeing that Google has made the "used car listing" as the primary as it shows the relation with our departments (parts and service). How do I reach out to Google support during this time?

There is a very large Google Search community support thread about this same situation with many other car dealership examples. Since there's nothing GMB support can actively do at this moment and it's been identified as something the Google Search team would need to look into, we've been told we can post examples here:

Dealership's service department listing suddenly is showing up for dealership branded search. - Google Search Community

Danny Sullivan is aware, and his last update on a Twitter thread about the issue was 4/10/20.
april_10_response.png

Hope this helps. It's definitely frustrating for many people.
Let's hope in the near future either the Google Search team can make an update, or the Google My Business dashboard makes it very easy to identify child/parent relationship for car dealerships and their various departments.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom