More threads by travelincat

Reaction score
Client has 12 locations, each name is companyname-cityname in G+business pages Like this:

Name: Mycompany - Dallas
Name: Mycompany - Tampa
Name: My Company - Atlanta

I believe that the name should just be the company name and then the rest of the NAP will define the locations. We are being hired to clean up the NAP on all of the locations, and I believe this is the way to go. Like this:

Mycompany
1234 Main Street
Dallas, TX 000000
(555) 555-5555

Mycompany
1234 Bleeke Street
Tampa, FL 111111
(555) 666-6666

Mycompany
1234 Orange Street
Atlanta, GA 222222
(555) 777-7777

Thoughts?

Google's guidelines prohibit the use of any type of descriptor in the business name since the update to the guidelines last year. Google suggests using the real world business name with no descriptors even in a case like this where it's one business with multiple locations.

In a case like yours, I actually think that the city descriptor is very useful and makes sense, but Google doesn't agree, according to the updated guidelines.

Colin why would it makes sense to use descriptors? What is is added benefit (besides having an address location in the company name)?

To me it makes sense only when you have several locations, all with the same name. I think it can help users better understand which location it is. But I also get that a user simply has to look at the business address on the listing to know which location they are looking at. So I can see both sides of the coin on this one.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom