dani

Reaction score
Hi Linda,
I am still struggling with the local listing of one of my clients. I found something that bother me and I am not sure if I am thinking correctly. I hope that you can help me.

On Google Place Page of the main practice the address contain #210 on the first line. I tried several times to move it on second line, even I reported it to Google, but they haven`t change it. At the same time the duplicate listing with doctor`s name does not contain the number. Is this a problem? Also, I reported the doctor`s listing as a duplicate, but I can`t understand if Google knows, because when I am searching in Google map by phone #, only the main listing appears. When I search the name of the doctor + town, I see doctor`s listing. Is this mean that the doctor`s listing is still live?

Also, I changed the category of the main practice to be ?dentist?, and the doctor`s listing category to ?cosmetic dentist?. Is this correct, because of the keyword ?dentist? in both categories?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
You've had so many questions and problems on this one. I'll try to briefly answer all the Qs in this post.

Suite on 1st line. "I tried several times to move it on second line, even I reported it to Google, but they haven`t change it."

How did you report? Should just call support and get them to fix it over the phone. In checking your other posts about this client, looks like all of us recommended calling support about that back in April.

"Also, I reported the doctor`s listing as a duplicate"

As explained in training can't report the Dr as dupe. Google won't get rid of it, need to minimize it. See below.

"but I can`t understand if Google knows, because when I am searching in Google map by phone #, only the main listing appears. When I search the name of the doctor + town, I see doctor`s listing. Is this mean that the doctor`s listing is still live?"

Yes if you can find Dr listing, that means it's still live.

It's just that as we reported here a couple weeks ago you can't find all dupes with a straight maps search now. Pigeon is hiding them.

<a href="http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/imprezzio-marketing-local-seo-white-label/21431-best-ways-find-duplicate-google-places-plus.html#post45991">Best Ways to Find Duplicate Google Places/Plus Listings (Post Pigeon)</a>

"Also, I changed the category of the main practice to be “dentist”, and the doctor`s listing category to “cosmetic dentist”. Is this correct, because of the keyword “dentist” in both categories?"

No not correct. Almost every dentist does cosmetic dentistry and wants to rank for cosmetic dentist. Your client even refers to himself as a "cosmetic dental practice" on his site.

Your clients practice only has the cat dentist. So he's missing out on ranking for all his other keywords. There are a bunch I know he'd want to try to rank for. So the cats need to be expanded for the practice listing to cover all applicable.

As explained in training and my big Dr dupe post, the Dr listing should be minimized with a cat you DON'T want, for the main practice. I always used Dental Clinic because I'd never want the practice to rank for that one.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Suspected NAP issues NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Matt Chauhan NAP Hunter Chrome Extension Alternatives NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
P Tracking # For Chambers, Bad for NAP Consistency? Citations 2
D Should I Bother Updating NAP on Business Listings and 3rd Party Sites? Citations 7
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Yandex Maps and NAP Consistency NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
Gordon.Ligon SAB vs Physical Address, and its ramifications for NAP citations Service Area Businesses 7
B NAP consistency how critical is critical? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
spacetuna Do I have a NAP issue? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 9
C Cheapest Citation NAP Correction Service Citations 16
Michael S. Doran Schema for NAP in 2020 Websites, Software, and Security 6
A 6 doctors and clinics all with same NAP. How do you get into 3 pack? Google My Business & Google Maps 20
codyecp Business / State Legal Name vs. Real World Business Name for NAP? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
Marissa How Important is NAP Consistency Still? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
snysarah Tracking Numbers & NAP Consistency NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
Oliver Keates GMBs have the same NAP Citations 11
Sarah NAP for Canadian Client's with English and French sites NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
S Yext and the $400 price tag to edit NAP Local Search 6
O Duplicate Citations with the same NAP NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
Oliver Keates Duplicate Citations with the same NAP NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
J Information alongside NAPs NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
J Information alongside NAPs NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
J Building some NAP with issues NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
J Building some NAP with issues NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
A Minor difference in business name NAP in citations. What would the impact be? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
axiomdg Minor difference in business name NAP in citations. What would the impact be? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
L After moving site to HTTPS do i need to update all directory / NAP listings ? Local Search 2
L Portal provides unique phone number for call analytics, how to handle this with NAP ? Local Search 4
L Maintaining consistant NAP when citation sites dont allow you to write correct name ? Local Search 1
L Thoughts on NAP / Citation building Quantity vs Quality ? Local Search 3
Michael Charvet NAP Question: Same phone number at satellite office a bad idea, or is it workable? Local Search 2
E Question about GMB phone # matching your website NAP phone # Google My Business & Google Maps 3
J Questions about NAP and URL structure Local Search 3
Chris_Gregory Facebook Locations and NAPS Local Search 3
Linda Buquet Moz Local Now Provides Google NAP Change Alerts Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Matt Casady Will Top Storage Citation Sources Cause NAP Issues? Citations 7
C Crawable NAP question Local Search 7
N Schema for a Head Office NAP? Local Search 3
James Watt Quick Survey: NAP cleanup and TOS compliance Consultant's Corner 22
F Site Wide NAP Local Search 4
latin_sydney NAP, website site address issues Local Search 2
Durandl Which NAP should i use on my home page? Local Search 2
Jared NAP In Comments = Citation? Citations 2
C What is the best way to amend Yellowpages and Yelp page NAP data? Citations 5
O NAP - is suit number in citations can affect local rankings? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
O NAP - is suit number in citations can affect local rankings? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
JoyHawkins How to Find all the NAP Variations for your Business Like a Pro Citations 5
Ajay Prasad Why You Need to Find All Your NAP Variations Before Building Local Citations Local Search 1
Susan NAP Consistency & Call Tracking Citations 8
M Importance Of Hours In NAP Local Search 2
A Using Google's suggested address for NAP or the rest of the webs? Citations 2