More threads by aaronb

aaronb

Reaction score
Hello,
I need help getting the GMB listing of one of our clients reinstated by Google from suspension. We are not completely sure why the listing was suspended in the first place, but think it could have happened after adding a short code to the listing. They are a chimney company that has been in their area of Massachusetts for over 30 years. They have a physical location that's address had been showing and they do see customers out of and have staff working at. I submitted he reinstatement form about double checking guidelines and have been following requests from Google as to what they need. We have provided a 2021 tax form from the business with their address on, as well as storefront images with their signage and address visible.(even down to a sign that is telling customers and employees to wear a mask when entering). We are still getting denied from Google that they are not eligible for showing on maps. Can I please get help to get this suspension lifted? The business is already seeing he effect of dramatic loss of call volume and we are only a week into this process.

Hi Aaron, did Google give any indication of the reason for the denial?

If the business is obviously physically located at that location, then I suspect it may be related to the account and not the location. One way to tell, is if any other listings that any of the owners or managers on this listing manage, got suspended as well.

Have you looked into that by chance?

Hi Aaron, did Google give any indication of the reason for the denial?

If the business is obviously physically located at that location, then I suspect it may be related to the account and not the location. One way to tell, is if any other listings that any of the owners or managers on this listing manage, got suspended as well.

Have you looked into that by chance?
Colan,
Thanks for writing back on this. We were never given a specific reason from Google. At first, after checking the account and then filling out the reinstatement form all we received back was a need to have tax form/utility bill showing they were that address. We quickly provided that and then heard back that " your business is not eligible to display on Google Maps per our quality guidelines." Which is odd since they have been at that address on Maps for well over a decade.

We would have owners/managers on the account from our marketing agency ( Primary owner is the actual business owner who is only on that account) that have been on other accounts we manage that have gotten suspensions say in the last 6 months, but this specific company also has two other locations that their GMB's were not effected.

The suspension seems to have been tripped after adding a short code in their GMB. We have really seemed to hit a wall with what to try and do next. So any help or advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated. They are losing more and more calls as each day goes by with this.

Colan,
Thanks for writing back on this. We were never given a specific reason from Google. At first, after checking the account and then filling out the reinstatement form all we received back was a need to have tax form/utility bill showing they were that address. We quickly provided that and then heard back that " your business is not eligible to display on Google Maps per our quality guidelines." Which is odd since they have been at that address on Maps for well over a decade.

We would have owners/managers on the account from our marketing agency ( Primary owner is the actual business owner who is only on that account) that have been on other accounts we manage that have gotten suspensions say in the last 6 months, but this specific company also has two other locations that their GMB's were not effected.

The suspension seems to have been tripped after adding a short code in their GMB. We have really seemed to hit a wall with what to try and do next. So any help or advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated. They are losing more and more calls as each day goes by with this.
Should I remove all users from our company and just leave the business owner and other users not listed on other accounts? Basically, managing it from the clients gmail directly?

I would post a thread over at the official Google My Business forum. One of the Product Experts can take a look and escalate it for you. Feel free to send me a link to the published post. I am on vacation this week so I might not get to it before one of the other product experts. Either way you will be in good hands.

I would post a thread over at the official Google My Business forum. One of the Product Experts can take a look and escalate it for you. Feel free to send me a link to the published post. I am on vacation this week so I might not get to it before one of the other product experts. Either way you will be in good hands.
Colan,
Thank you fo much I will do that. Just wanted to double check that this is where I need to post a thread to get a Product Expert to escalate it. Is this correct? Google My Business Community

Two things. Keep submitting reinstatement. I think getting new eyeballs on it helps. It has worked for us. I’ve also had luck going through the Google ads team since GMB phone support is down. 866-246-6453

Keep submitting reinstatement

I advise against that and so does Google. Google explicitly instructs users to not create multiple reinstatement cases. In most cases it ends up causing more confusion on Google's end.

If you aren't happy with the results of the reinstatement request you should contact regular support or go to the official help community as I suggested.

Colan,
Here is a link to the published post I added in the GMB Forum. Thanks! Need Help with Suspension Reinstatement - Google My Business Community

I replied over at the Google forum and I requested 2 things from you.

I advise against that and so does Google. Google explicitly instructs users to not create multiple reinstatement cases. In most cases it ends up causing more confusion on Google's end.

If you aren't happy with the results of the reinstatement request you should contact regular support or go to the official help community as I suggested.
Thanks Colan!

I replied over at the Google forum and I requested 2 things from you.
Colan,

Do you think that I should remove my company email as a user from the 100 plus GMB accounts our marketing company manages and just have them all together in a Google Agency Dashboard to try and play things safer? Or is it ok that I would have my email/user on them as as manager or owner since I am not doing any black hat practices? I want to make sure I am using the best practices and the ones that keep us safer from issues in the future. Thanks.

Let me get some feedback from Google before doing that.
Colan,
Do you have any idea how long it might be before I see or hear anything back from Google? It's been over 3 days since items were submitted to them and silence. The business as you can guess is growing more worried as they are losing calls and leads rapidly from being off maps. Please let me know from your experience what a timeline might be? Thanks!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom