m_j_gregory

Reaction score
Hey all,

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I just wanted to pop into this thread and thank everyone for sharing this information. Also, I wanted to get everyone's feedback on this - being it was the holidays I wasn't able to keep as close of an eye on things.

There was a feature that we have seen starting last week that allows for Google+ events to be created from the Local page. Please reference the attached image below:

create-event.png

Once this button is clicked it will prompt the screen below to appear:

create-event2.jpg

On this screen you can create an invitation and invite anyone within your group of circles. Upon completion it will seamlessly create a new page under the events tab in your profile.

The guests will then receive the notification (as shown below) and be directed to the event page.

create-event3.jpg

I think it's a neat feature but still believe there are much larger issues Google could be working on. Again, I apologize if this is old news.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

create-event.png

create-event2.jpg

create-event3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up and screen shots Matt. You posted this in an older thread about a code freeze and I thought it deserved it's own thread, so just split it out.

Thanks again eagle eye, for always keeping us updated every time you spot something new out in the wild!

Reaction score
Oh, so THIS is what the code freeze was about? Maybe? I think I saw an old thread get updated and thought there was yet another one coming. With Google, who knows.

Matt, thank you so much for the great visuals.

m_j_gregory

Reaction score
Thanks Colan and Miriam! As always, thank you both for your knowledge and insight - it is always appreciated!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
JoyHawkins A New Way to Add Events on Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 7
L Google Maps 'Details' section - Can you add to this or edit? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
djbaxter Google adds local listings to autocomplete Local Search 1
keyserholiday Google adds Covid-19 messaging Local Search 0
JoyHawkins Google Adds "Get More Reviews" Button in Knowledge Panel Google News: Important Changes & Features 3
Y How to add my business specialities without getting delisted by Google? Local Search 1
JoyHawkins Google My Business Adds a New Contact Form for Restaurants to Remove Online Ordering Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
Jo Shaer Can a communications manager add Google posts to GMB listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Patrick Garde Google My Business Adds Family Led Attribute / Icon Google My Business & Google Maps 11
djbaxter Google Maps adds 'Avoid Exes' route option Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
A Sitemap.xml - Does Google add any new welinks that are posted here Organic SEO 1
Garrett Sussman Google My Business Reviews Add Photo/Video Option To Dialogue Box Local Reviews 12
Linda Buquet Google My Business Finally Adds Advice for Working w/ SEO Companies - Joy Hawkins Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Tim Colling BrightLocal adds new features: Location reporting dashboard plus Google Analytics Local Search 2
P Google no longer shows ads on right side, adds another ad spot to the top of the SERP Local Search 1
Eric Rohrback Google Maps App now lets users add Missing Businesses Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Say What? Google Says Don't add Review Markup to your Customer Reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Linda Buquet Google+ Update - Can Now add a Poll to your G+ Local Page Google My Business & Google Maps 0
C add a descriptor to your google local Local Search 5
Linda Buquet Canva Adds New Google+ Cover Image Template Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Google Adds 1000+ New Local Business Categories on the International Front Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Jim Froling Google's Review Math Doesn't Add Up Local Reviews 5
Linda Buquet Google Adds New LOCAL Carousel View On iPad Google My Business & Google Maps 4
0 Primary Owner hospitalized and has a stroke. Need to add myself as a manager. Verifying via phone calls only grants me Site Manager access. Help & Support for Google Local 2
Greg Bernhardt Implemented Remove Skype and add Linkedin for profile? Suggestions for the Local Search Forum 2
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Two Different Business Places at the Same Address: Should I Add Them to GMB? Local Search 1
raellovepie Bing Places (Canada) - Add Special Hours Local Search 1
P Add locations to a bulk verified account as a manager - is it possible? Multi-Location Issues 2
Geeman What to do about a GMB that continuously adds the location to their name? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
C Add attributes that aren't given as an option? Google My Business & Google Maps 13
A Can you add images of Cannabis to GMB listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
hajnasiewicz Bing Places for Business: add Administrator Local Content 4
A Help Client gets "Invitation failed (Role not allowed)" when trying to add Organization ID Help & Support for Google Local 6
steviephil GMB Support telling me to delete & re-add listing to change its language? Multi-Location Issues 4
A How to add Alternative Tags to Icons Organic SEO 1
Colan Nielsen GMB Adds "Manage insurance info for your practice" Section to Guidelines Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter How to Add a COVID-19 Announcement to Your Website with Schema Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
Colan Nielsen GMB Adds Coronavirus Help Center Link in GMB Dashboard NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
Noelle Leahy When to add a new location to the existing website and when to start a second website Google Local 101 7
Lanerizz Getting Option to Add Products For GMB NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 11
M How to Add Hours For Every Other Saturday In GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
K Customer wants to add a tracking number across all of his Citations NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
S How to add a 2nd physical adress? Multi-Location Issues 1
KristiSimone Cookies pop-up on website is trending. Should we add? Websites, Software, and Security 5
S Add "fake" joblistings to get nofollow backlinks? Citations 3
M GMB location doesn't give the option to add services Help & Support for Google Local 3
M How to add multiple sites [Services] to GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 16
djbaxter How to add or edit your signature How To Guides 9
SteinCoffee Vast difference in location page organic rank when I don't add the location Local Search 2
JoyHawkins When did Bing Places Remove the Option to Add Categories? Local Search 5