More threads by ElizabethRule

ElizabethRule

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Anyone else see this NEW info added to Google Support Page?? this is HUGE! Seems Google is now allowing some businesses to add social media links. Anyone seeing this yet??

Edit your Business Profile on Google - Google Business Profile Help

screenshot_2023-08-15_at_1.13.29_pm.jpg

Wow, this would be lovely. Right now they're added and maintained by Google, and the only way to update or correct is to contact Support. Would be great if business owners could do it on their own. Great spot!

Wow - didn't know this was available via API before. Super excited to see how this is rolled out and who gets this ability in the dashboard first!

Thank you for this post! I noticed the social links - "Place page URLs" - in the GBP file export in early July and tested on a listing, but the links did not go live. Went back to this listing now and they are all visible.

Hi Jenny. What part of the dashboard did you use to access the social profiles?

You may not see this yet as it is not rolled out to all listings. It will roll out to certain locations and industries first, before possibly rolling out to all listings. So keep an eye out it may pop up soon!

Thank you for this post! I noticed the social links - "Place page URLs" - in the GBP file export in early July and tested on a listing, but the links did not go live. Went back to this listing now and they are all visible.

Oh cool, clearly a tease of what was to come! Perhaps other features you notice in the file export that are new are also hints to additional future GBP dashboard features 👀

I just tried to update a client via the api and it returned an error.

1692377733966.png

Looks like the API no longer works unfortunately.

I just tried adding my social links and they are having trouble publishing. Is anyone else having this issue?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom