More threads by denise

denise

Reaction score
Hi, I have never done Local SEO before but the concept seems pretty straight forward to me.

I actually built a tester site a while ago that was intended to be a rental page and just left it. Currently it is ranking pages 2-4 for variations of intented queries with only 1 link pointing at it.

I want to use this site as a rental page for my intended clients. Therefore I do not have any clients yet and most likely do not want to approach any until I see some proof of concept.

I was however wondering if some of you experts could help me out a bit before I dive further in.

1) I haven't built any citations yet, but when I do, I do not want to use any clients information. Because it will be a rental page if they decided to stop paying all the links pointing at the site would be for them.

In turn I want to use a general address in that area that poses maybe as an "office" or "center/medical center" for this websites presence.

Now I know some people use virtual office addresses for this but I am wondering if I can use entirely fake information? Is there some kind of algorithmic or citation building issue that would occur here?

Currently I have a fake address in the footer that i got from a fake address generator for that region. And I simply put that their originally to make it seem algorithmically real since there are a lot of single page crap rental sites with no addresses or even content for that matter.

However, I am wondering if I can begin building citations using that fake address? Or if I need a virtual office address or somewhere thats at least physically real?

2) I imagine a lot of success is achieved by replicating top competitor sites backlinks. I have noticed majority of their backlinks are coming from local directories.

The problem here is yet again local directories require addresses, business name, and real client-like info (ie Dr. Martin Orthapedic Surgeon, address, phone #, etc).

How do you pull this off with a rental type site with a fake address thats not client specific? Would I have to pose as a fake doctor? As I've noticed most free and paid local directories require a name to get listed.

3) How do you achieve broad rankings for terms? Since unlike organic SEO you cannot simply blast your pages with as many PR links as needed to get that authority.

Thanks

Hi Denise,

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I don't think this is a good business model.

And I personally don't help people that violate the guidelines and try to game Google with fake locations by doing the rent-a-site model.

Denise,

To answer your questions, I wouldn't base a business model on a fake address and rental pages, beyond violating the guidelines.

I would imagine rental pages are hard to keep rented. I'd hate to have a new sales cycle every few months.

Also, fake addresses would probably be difficult to get to rank and even if you could pull it off, it would be in constant danger of getting nuked by a manual review at some point.

That's just me though.

Hi Denise,

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I don't think this is a good business model.

And I personally don't help people that violate the guidelines and try to game Google with fake locations by doing the rent-a-site model.

Any type of SEO is essentially gaming google. If you build any links you are violating google.

The entire concept of hiring anyone to do SEO is gaming google.

Im not even deliberately trying to game google, but in order to make a page that hosts more than one doctors info I would have to have a seperate address.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom