More threads by JoshuaMackens

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've gotten two emails that say this:

"Hello, I am not sure if you are aware but your website is broke. If you take a look you can see it is not showing right at all.

Would you be interested in a quick 10 min phone call and we can figure out a way to get it back up and running right?

Let me know when a good time to call is."

When I checked both sites, they indeed looked strange. I just logged in and cleared the cache and everything was fine. I'm wondering if people are running around targeting sites and somehow able to hack into them to make them look this way?

Has anyone else experienced this?

or they could have a scanner that scans the web for display issues and sends automated email based on the errors

Or they could just be sending emails to random websites and occasionally they get lucky.

Like those bank account phishing emails. 9 out of 10 are for banks I don't even deal with but every now and then I get one claiming to be from the one bank I use.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom