jarod b

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a web designer, and I want to start providing more value to clients, but the problem is I don't know how to tell if a client's lead came from website traffic. If anyone can elaborate on how leads are tracked through website traffic, it would be awesome. This is a question I've been asking myself for a good 2 weeks now since I was first told to look into lead generation.

Also I don't know any SEO jargons (and barely know what a campain means in terms of business marketing and sales), so please explain those if you bring up any in your comments. I'm new to the SEO thing.

Another note is I debated on where to post this thread, so I figured the consultants corner would be the place to come to since I would be consulting and doing the seo service in the future.

EDIT:
I noticed I might be referring to online leads. I am talking about offline leads too.

TonyIsSocial

Reaction score
I'm not sure there's a short answer to the question you're asking. It primarily depends on the business model of what a lead or conversion is.

I suggest you start here: SEO: The Free Beginner?s Guide From Moz

If you want to start providing local SEO services immediately, you can team up with someone or find white label services where they'll do the work but provide reports with your name so the client isn't confused.

Meanwhile, install google analytics and claim ownership with google webmaster tools ASAP if you haven't already.

Answers only come quickly during normal US business hours here. You can also join the Local Search G+ community.

jarod b

Reaction score
Okay, I won't read tonight since it's 2:20am, but will tomorrow after I come from a workshop. But I have a concern. Is there a way I can do the SEO on my own and be able to rank my client's website without having to come out of pocket?

Laustin1878

Reaction score
If you want to offer services, you need to be able to speak somewhat intelligently about them. Many business owners will not understand the jargon. Figure out the best way to explain what you do. Come up with a great elevator pitch.

This is of course, after you understand what SEO is about and how to do it. You shouldn't be laying money out of your pocket. There are many ways to achieve results. What it should cost you is time but you should be getting paid for it. Remember, SEO is not an overnight process.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djbaxter SEO Role Play Game Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
rosie.brightlocal Local SEO Keyword Game Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
Linda Buquet Winning at Local Search is Like Winning The Hunger Games | Thunder SEO Local Search 0
L Local SEO Ranking Game - Why Ranks High? Ranking Puzzles 46
Linda Buquet Local SEO Ranking Game - Why Ranks High? Ranking Puzzles 46
rich_marlatt What Wordpress plugins do you recommend for SEO and Schema Markup? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
rich_marlatt Do the number of backlinks from a domain have any impact on local SEO? Local Search 2
brettmandoes Hiring SEO Analyst - Full Time - Remote Accepted Local SEO Job Board 0
ganapathy Wix Platform From SEO point of view Websites, Software, and Security 4
Annika Neudecker One year later, is your GMB/local SEO traffic still up? Local Search 3
Chandra What is the state of reputation management in SEO and marketing? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
djbaxter New Local SEO tool from BrightLocal: Local Search Grid Local SEO Tools & Software 7
F Turkish post: Google My Business local seo Recycle Bin 0
F Google My Business local seo Google Local 101 3
A Pointing SEO friendly domain to old domain and its effect on GMB ranking? Local Search 4
david.victor Best SEO/GMB Reporting Tools for Outreach? Consultant's Corner 4
B SEO A/B Testing is possible... And it is easier than you think Recycle Bin 0
J Voice SEO suggestions? Organic SEO 2
M Client Says SEO Should Be Paid By Commission Only Consultant's Corner 15
Kayla Adam Canadian Local SEO Agency Needed Local Search 3
shively Microsoft Clarity (Local SEO heatmap tool) Local Search 2
djbaxter Webinar Technical SEO Help Hour Oct. 28 Events 0
djbaxter Take the 2020 Local SEO Blackbelt Quiz Events 0
C The value of a blog on a website for local SEO Local Search 58
N Local SEO for Franchisee Local Search 4
D SEO Audit Expert / Consultant Needed Local SEO Job Board 1
djbaxter SEO Cheat Sheet for Small Businesses Organic SEO 0
djbaxter SEO Company Sabotages Ex-Client's GMB & Maps Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 0
DanielTexasLira Has anyone done Local SEO on a Dual Pad Hotel (two different hotel brands sharing the same location)? Local Search 6
djbaxter Do SEOs Blindly Believe Google's John Mueller? Organic SEO 2
djbaxter Google on Canonicalization: SEO Mythbusting Organic SEO 0
djbaxter SEO myth-busting: What is NOT a Google search ranking factor Organic SEO 3
djbaxter What SEOs get wrong about Google updates Google Algorithm Discussions 0
georgebizpro What are your favorite on-page local SEO tactics? Local Search 2
Monica Simpson Local SEO Professional ZOOM - July 17th Events 6
CraigJMount 10-Minute Survey Request for People Who Have Hired SEO Agencies Local Search 1
Andrew Shotland Local SEO Guide is Hiring a Sr Director of SEO Local SEO Job Board 0
Monica Simpson Last Local SEO Zoom Friday July 10 Events 0
P I need a recommendation of a person implementing Schema.org (vast experience in json-ld and SEO) Local SEO Job Board 4
Monica Simpson Local SEO Zoom - June 25th LSF News and Announcements 0
djbaxter SEO people continue to debate about E-A-T but Google has been clear and consistent Organic SEO 0
L Yelp seo Local Search 2
Monica Simpson Local SEO Zoom - June 19th Events 1
quartercheapersigns Social Media for SEO Mobile & Social 5
Monica Simpson Meet Local SEO professional via Zoom Local Search 1
Monica Simpson Local SEO Zoom Meetup Local Search 1
djbaxter Local SEO Experts You Need to Follow on Twitter Local Search 0
djbaxter New SEO Tool: Was There A Google Update Search Site Organic SEO 0
Monica Simpson Local SEO Zoom Meetup Events 1
JoyHawkins How Do You Do Local SEO Keyword Research? Local Content 15