More threads by Mike Pedersen

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a resource that lists out say the top 20 directories for a specific niche? One that are good citations for local businesses? For example dentists?

Not so much kudzu, insider pages, etc., but actual niche directories.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

It depends on the niche. Even big ones (like dentistry) often don?t have dozens of directories ? and therefore don?t have what you?d call a top-20 or so high-quality sites.

Not sure if you?ve seen these resources:

Best Sources for Local Citations by Category (U.S.) | GetListed.org

The Definitive List of Local Search Citations | LocalVisibilitySystem.com (mine)

Other than combing through the above, your best bet is just to do Local Citation Finder scans and note down any ?keeper? niche-specific sites you run across. Probably not news to you, but alas, that?s my suggestion.

Actually it is in the dentistry niche ;)

What do you mean by "local Citation Finder scans"?

It depends on the niche. Even big ones (like dentistry) often don?t have dozens of directories ? and therefore don?t have what you?d call a top-20 or so high-quality sites.

Not sure if you?ve seen these resources:

Best Sources for Local Citations by Category (U.S.) | GetListed.org

The Definitive List of Local Search Citations | LocalVisibilitySystem.com (mine)

Other than combing through the above, your best bet is just to do Local Citation Finder scans and note down any ?keeper? niche-specific sites you run across. Probably not news to you, but alas, that?s my suggestion.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom