More threads by liorenda

liorenda

Reaction score
Hey all.
One of my clients has multiple locations in the same city, with unique city page for each location/listing. For SEO sake, we wish to set a rel=caonical tag so all city pages in the same city will point to one city page.
The issue is that all other city pages will probably get unindexed over time.
My question is: does having a non-indexed city page hurt GBP performance/rankings?

Thanks,
Lior

Solution
Hey all.
One of my clients has multiple locations in the same city, with unique city page for each location/listing. For SEO sake, we wish to set a rel=caonical tag so all city pages in the same city will point to one city page.
My question is: does having a non-indexed city page hurt GBP performance/rankings?

Thanks,
Lior

Yes if you set the GBP link to an non indexed URL that will cause issue and Google will treat it as a 301 redirect and that violates the GBPs TOS.
Hey all.

Thanks,
Lior

Yes if you set the GBP link to an non indexed URL that will cause issue and Google will treat it as a 301 redirect and that violates the GBPs TOS.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom