More threads by Alex Avellaneda

Reaction score
Hi there. We haven't received any new reviews on Facebook since March 25. We initially thought it to be an API issue. However, we've just natively checked over 900 pages (businesses located in Canada) and there is indeed not a single new review posted since that date. I'm wondering if Facebook is holding up new reviews (like Google did earlier this month). Are you seeing new reviews posted past March 25? Thanks.

Hey Alex! While we haven't seen anything official from Facebook, we've heard similar complaints from several people. I just checked a few pages that I manage, and it seems like some do have reviews from the past week, while some do not. I have not yet heard any complaints from people saying something should be there that isn't but will try to dig in and see if it's happening for anyone on our end.

I did find an unofficial confirmation that Facebook has been revamping their review approval and spam processes, which may have created a bottleneck as they implement any new changes. This would not be the first time that they over-tightened a lever somewhere causing publishing issues. As with any major updates, it's worth taking a moment to check that your page settings were not changed to not allow reviews/recommendations during the shuffle - At the top of your Page, click Settings. Click Edit Page and look for the Reviews section. Click Settings. Next to Show Reviews, toggle the switch to On and click Save. It may be worth trying turning them off and back on again to see if it triggers a refresh for you.

As soon as I can find an actual update or confirmation from Facebook directly, I'll update with more info. Unfortunately, they don't usually tell us if something happened by mistake, but hopefully, we'll see them start coming through again. I know this is a long response for 🤷‍♀️ , but this is what we've got so far! If you do start to see them come in, we'd love to know what you tried so that we can attempt to replicate.

Thanks for your reply, Erin!

We also experienced this issue last week, on certain pages, where the reviews would not load when clicking the Review tab. On some of these pages, the template was reverted to standard for some reason. Switching them back to the correct template and refreshing fixed the issue. On other pages, the template was correct and it was also fixed simply by toggling the Review button off and on. That was less than 50 pages though and we have still not received new reviews at this time.

I'll keep you posted when I see anything new.

Thanks for your reply, Erin!

We also experienced this issue last week, on certain pages, where the reviews would not load when clicking the Review tab. On some of these pages, the template was reverted to standard for some reason. Switching them back to the correct template and refreshing fixed the issue. On other pages, the template was correct and it was also fixed simply by toggling the Review button off and on. That was less than 50 pages though and we have still not received new reviews at this time.

I'll keep you posted when I see anything new.

This is helpful info, thank you! There have also been (unofficial) mentions about platform/design updates coming, and this would not be the first time that there were after-effects of them testing new updates. Typically, checking settings, making sure the correct boxes are checked, and waiting a while seems to magically take care of these things.

I think I discovered part of the issue. I was looking at the reviews for a business and got this error message.
review error.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom