More threads by karendauncey

karendauncey

Reaction score
I am trying to claim a Google My Business listing for a client but there is no option to click on "Own this business" to be able to get access. I also tried to set-up a new listing to claim the listing that way and the business didn't come up there either. Has anyone else seen this happen before? This is the business here.

It could be that there really isn't a Google Business profile for that business. Google gets information from a variety of sources including publicly-available information, licensed data from third parties and Google users. If the business isn't coming up when you type it in, then I'd say go ahead and create it.

@karendauncey can you confirm the maps CID for the listing? Depending on which browser I use, the link you shared sends me to two different listings. Or share a screenshot of the listing if you can't grab the maps CID.

Thanks

I found this profile Metro Motorcycle Training - Motorbike Lessons & Motorcycle Training Willagee

Is this one?

I can see the tab "Owner" photos with photos from 2016, by any chance the profile was suspended? Probably because of the business name.

As a soft suspension (but not an account suspension) allows the profile to show but the owner has not requested reinstatement, hence "own this profile" is not available, avoiding bypassing the suspension issue..

As it is a SAB, you can add the business as a "new business", use the same verification address.

Hopefully, Google will recognise duplication after you receive the verification code and your profile is verified, you will get the “Owner conflict” box that indicates the location is a duplicate.

If not, ask Google Support to merge them.

0ODEyOTM2LTM3Njk4JnRva2VuPTljMGJhNjdiZTI4MDMyNjQ.q.jpg

I found this profile Metro Motorcycle Training - Motorbike Lessons & Motorcycle Training Willagee

Is this one?

I can see the tab "Owner" photos with photos from 2016, by any chance the profile was suspended? Probably because of the business name.

As a soft suspension (but not an account suspension) allows the profile to show but the owner has not requested reinstatement, hence "own this profile" is not available, avoiding bypassing the suspension issue..

As it is a SAB, you can add the business as a "new business", use the same verification address.

Hopefully, Google will recognise duplication after you receive the verification code and your profile is verified, you will get the “Owner conflict” box that indicates the location is a duplicate.

If not, ask Google Support to merge them.

0ODEyOTM2LTM3Njk4JnRva2VuPTljMGJhNjdiZTI4MDMyNjQ.q.jpg
Yes actually I think they might have had a suspension, I will see if I can do this. Thanks for your help.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom