More threads by Nikki Stine

Reaction score
I'm having an issue getting a postcard verfication for a Service-Area GMB listing for a Realtor. I've read the rules for practitioners and several past posts on this site regarding practitioners and realtors and feel they would qualify.

They are part of a larger office with several realtors, but aren't always in the office and definitely visit people at their homes. So I created a listing as a SAB with their home address & cell number as the info.

The problem is that they aren't receiving the verification postcard at their address. I have requested it twice and waited a full 2 weeks in both instances.

At this point I am wondering: Should I contact GMB support? Or, is requesting twice not really that much, and I should try a third time?

When I review the listing for possible issues my only guess involves the website. The website I have listed is their personal page on the main realtor office site. That page lists a tracking phone number and the main office address... so none of the NAP matches.
Before requesting verification a third time, I thought about switching the website to their FB page, which would match the phone number, but still shows the main office address.

I appreciate any feedback or experience someone may have in this regard. Many thanks!

At this point I am wondering: Should I contact GMB support? Or, is requesting twice not really that much, and I should try a third time?

No, don't request another card.

If the verification postcard doesn't arrive or they do not receive mail at the GMB address here is what you should do:
  1. Request the postcard anyway (which you have already done)
  2. After five to ten days contact GMB Support via Twitter @GoogleMyBiz
  3. Explain that you have requested the postcard and it has not arrived
Google should be able to help you get verified manually as long as your business meets the eligibility requirements.

The one challenge you might run into is GMB might want the address to be the actual office of the agency that they belong to.

If the verification postcard doesn't arrive or they do not receive mail at the GMB address here is what you should do:
  1. Request the postcard anyway (which you have already done)
  2. After five to ten days contact GMB Support via Twitter @GoogleMyBiz
  3. Explain that you have requested the postcard and it has not arrived
Google should be able to help you get verified manually as long as your business meets the eligibility requirements.

The one challenge you might run into is GMB might want the address to be the actual office of the agency that they belong to.
Thank you! This is along the lines I was thinking, but I appreciate the confirmation.

Hi, just curious how support was on Twitter. Did they help you resolve the issue?

Hi, just curious how support was on Twitter. Did they help you resolve the issue?
I have to admit, before posting this question and receiving this answer, I did make adjustments to their GMB profile and requested verification again. So I'm waiting for the 5-10 business days to pass before contacting support.

For other issues, I've used GMB support on FB and received help, but it took awhile.

So, I did end up requesting a card a 3rd time before reading this. Before doing so I changed their website from their profile page on the agency website to their Facebook page. Oddly, this time they received the postcard!

I'd just like to learn from this experience, so I'm wondering why the website change made a difference. My thoughts:
1) Facebook website is HTTPS, whereas the agency website was HTTP (but that shouldn't really matter, right?)
2) Facebook website MATCHED the phone number in the GMB listing whereas the agency website had a tracking phone number

Those are the only things I can guess. But I could be off-base here because I don't see either of those things mentioned in the GMB "rules".

Thanks to anyone who might contribute thoughts to this.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom