More threads by Matt Chauhan

Matt Chauhan

Reaction score
We have a new client onboarded with us recently who is an electrician. The current owner of the business created an offshoot of their company for one of their friends, but not related to any business purpose. That offshoot company (still active and running) is around 190 miles away from the original business, but it has the same logo and brand name as the original company. Can that offshoot company hurt the rankings and performance of the original business? Shall we do something about it or leave it as is altogether?

From a local ranking perspective, I cannot imagine a way that it would have a negative impact if it's 190 mi away.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to actions related to the business that's 190 mi away or something else?

I understand that from the local SEO perspective, the offshoot company is not going to have any negative impact on the original business. But, to make sure that the offshoot company doesn't negatively impact the original business, are there any other steps we should take?

The only issue I can think of is potential branding, confusion issues if they're using the same brand and that's not what they really are.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom