More threads by Dustybones

Reaction score
Wanted to share my experience I just had with Google. We have the new Places Dashboard with three listings showing. G+ dash is also showing the same three. When I did a search for " Orthodontist Chesterfield " Three listings show in the 3 pack ( Great for us, I know ). The #3 listing " Alizadeh Schreiner Orthodontics: Schreiner Becky DDS" is a verified page, showing in SERPS and yet is not showing in the New Dashboard. The New Dashboard shows our verified page "Dr. Rebecca Scheiner, DDS" You will note that both pages have the same URL, review, images, NAP etc., but the name is different. I called Google to address the wrong listing showing in the pack. Google kept telling me it was in my dashboard (screenshot), but I did not see it. Using his internal software he was looking at the old dashboard and was seeing this duplicate listing. I did some research on the client and found that years ago they had verified this listing and we had gone in to have it removed, which we completed. With these latest updates they are popping back up.

Here is the problem: This duplicate and incorrect listing can only be accessed through Google support software. This listing was still in the old dashboard on there side, which has duplicates showing in SERPS, yet we have no way to access the listing to edit or deal with the duplicate. The only way to deal with it is to report the issue or call support.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Support is deleting / merging these, so will hopefully see things change in the next few days.

Good luck Dusty.

But this is still concerning to know there could be unseen dupes in old dashboards.
AND that's the 1st I've heard of this particular issue.

Did they tell you to hit edit and submit on the one? Because that's a separate issue that's going around.

Did they tell you to hit edit and submit on the one? Because that's a separate issue that's going around.

They did not. I was going to wait for them to do there magic on there side and check back in a couple days. I am seeing the "Please review Your information....." Banner in yellow.

Re that yellow banner. Sep issue, doing a new post on it right now.

OK so see this post about people that got the dash warning to edit and submit. They didn't and so their listings were deleted.

Now that was the initial Aussie sweep and I've been told this new worldwide sweep is not as drastic and most listings are not in danger of being deleted. But that's why I asked if you'd hit edit and submit.

I'd wait til Google does their thing to clean up the dupe issue and see if the yellow banner and red edit button goes away. If not either ask them for sure or just do it to be on the safe side.

Oh good I was going to ask you to post screenshot.

IS there a submit button? Cuz for a long time the complaint was that it says to hit submit but there was no submit button.

Also is there are link to any more detailed info?

Cuz before the messaging was too strict. Now it's so casual in typical Google style that I'm afraid many business owners won't realize that when she says submit she really means it!

The submit button is at the bottom of the edit page for each listing. I don't see a place to look at details. I am seeing numbers in the top left, which is showing the number of fields not completed.

3-24-2014 1-23-03 PM.png

Oh good I was going to ask you to post screenshot.

IS there a submit button? Cuz for a long time the complaint was that it says to hit submit but there was no submit button.

Also is there are link to any more detailed info?

Cuz before the messaging was too strict. Now it's so casual in typical Google style that I'm afraid many business owners won't realize that when she says submit she really means it!

3-24-2014 1-23-03 PM.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom