More threads by KungFuBacklinks

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have a few companies I'm working with that have an old business page that was created as a local type many moons ago, back when they weren't being prompted to be verified. These companies also have legit verified G+ Local listings, new ones.

Now in the new dash, they have both listings there. Of course, one is verified, the other is not.

What is the best way to deal with these?

1) Delete the unverified one.
2) Verify the old one then report a dupe so they can merge them.
3) Something else.

It's important to note that the verified listing is ranking well and is the only listing showing up in a maps search.

The unverified listing is only viewable by visiting the URL directly.

Thanks ;)

Hey Patrick, thanks for stopping by!

We've been discussing the problem for awhile and how to handle.

Please this thread and MOST IMPORTANT read link to Jade's thread in post #43.

Warning Email re Google Places Duplicate Listings

Since you are so active working on listings, you should subscribe to the "Google+ Local IMPORTANT" section of the forum where I always put important updates, bugs and new feature posts like that one.

After reading that thread, let me know if you still have questions.

Thanks, Linda

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the fast response :)

Funny enough, this is the first time I've had to deal with this issue. I'll dig into those links today.

Best,
Patrick ;)

Really? U R lucky. As you can see in that thread, some consultants are having it come up on lots of listings.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom