More threads by FriarTuck00

Reaction score
So, we have a client who uses Yext to maintain/update their location information (they have 19 locations across the state). They are planning to open a new location in mid-November. In the past, I know Google's stance has been to wait until the location is open for business before creating a listing in GMB. However, Yext has an option where you can enter an "Opening Soon" date and it will pass that info to GMB. However, it will not pass it along to other directories.

My question is this: Should I use Yext's feature or just wait until the location opens before entering it in GMB and Yext?

Google now has an opening soon option, so I assume they are feeding that.

Yep, that is what that would be for. It is intended to be used up to 90 days in advance.

90 days before the opening will appear in the knowledge panel. In maps it will show once is already open.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom