More threads by Chris_Andrews

Chris_Andrews

Reaction score
I find this 'phone stuffing' policy odd:

------------------------------​

Avoid "phone stuffing"​

To avoid the risk of abuse, we do not allow your post content to include a phone number.​
Instead, you can attach a "Call now" button to your post that uses your verified Business Profile phone number.​
---------- (reference)----------​

So... if I use a post that a client made as a newsletter - an image, and it includes their phone number at the bottom, I'd be putting that client's profile at risk, correct?

Or am I misunderstanding the policy?

I don't understand how that is avoiding abuse when the same number is listed on the front of their profile?

Thoughts?

Here's the post I was thinking about posting, should I delete the phone number?

1705027528221.jpg

Solution
Images in posts are safe. It's the post text that cannot contain a phone number. It's not "at risk" per se. It will just be summarily rejected.

Two things to keep in mind:
  • The restriction also apply to the GBP description
  • Google's algorithm detects any sequence of numbers of the correct length as a phone number, even if punctuated in a way that does not match a phone format.
    • This causes problem for some of our clients who attempt to include their provincial licence numbers in their business description (a legal requirement for construction contractors in Quebec!) because these numbers are commonly 10-digit long
Images in posts are safe. It's the post text that cannot contain a phone number. It's not "at risk" per se. It will just be summarily rejected.

• Google's algorithm detects any sequence of numbers of the correct length as a phone number, even if punctuated in a way that does not match a phone format.
    • This causes problem for some of our clients who attempt to include their provincial licence numbers in their business description (a legal requirement for construction contractors in Quebec!) because these numbers are commonly 10-digit long

Last edited:
Solution

Thanks JS Girard, appreciate the info!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom