More threads by AdvoAd

AdvoAd

Reaction score
From my past experience, G usually shows a streetview image or map screenshot when a business profile has not submitted any photos. However, I am currently dealing with a listing where G in addition performed a web search for the customers brand and displayed one of the results as the listing's cover photo! A click on the link "Show all photos" ("Fotos ansehen" in German) would yield the results of the web search:

1637664683540.jpg

Problem is, that the customer's name (Fischer) is rather popular, so most of the results got nothing to do with the company and the guy on the cover photo is someone else...

I did upload several photos (team + cover photo), but so far nothing has changed. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to go about this problem. Thank you!

Hello there. I don't see any photos at all in your business profile from the UK. Are your photos fully populated in GBP? I see that your business listing links through to the home page of your website but there is only one image on that page - I'd suggest working on your image optimisation so that Google is better able to associate any image assets with your business name / entity - make sure that the images are indexable etc. I've had this battle with a few clients and essentially it comes down to thinking through the image strategy and establishing a strong entity footprint. Hope that helps!

1637749917899.jpg

Hello there. I don't see any photos at all in your business profile from the UK. Are your photos fully populated in GBP? I see that your business listing links through to the home page of your website but there is only one image on that page - I'd suggest working on your image optimisation so that Google is better able to associate any image assets with your business name / entity - make sure that the images are indexable etc. I've had this battle with a few clients and essentially it comes down to thinking through the image strategy and establishing a strong entity footprint. Hope that helps!

1637749917899.jpg

Hi Claire, I haven't invested a lot of time into the GBP photos but only uploaded a few that were readily available:

1637754994793.jpg

It is interesting to see that you are seeing the cover photo (streetview) which I was actually expecting while no photos were uploaded. Thanks a lot for the advice, I will pass this on to the customer and see if he is willing to work on that.

One last thing: I tried to use the Google business site header photo to manipulate the cover photo in the knowledge panel. However, Google almost immediately removed my upload (even though it was according to the specs) and continues to show their own placeholder photo. I've got no idea if that has anything to do with this whole problem...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom