Reaction score
I feel like i always seem to make my posts very confusing so i'm going to try very hard to be concise and clear.

Below is the client places ID (it looks very strange to me but that is what it is) I had a lot of problems with this Google account that i won't go into but finally had to just start all over about 10 months ago and now, although the CID is funky, the listing shows up and is "working".

Here is the problem - (1)it has no photos; (2) I need to adjust the categories. Should I mess with it or just leave it alone?

pacific euro hotel redwood city

Last edited by a moderator:

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I think that link broke in the forum. Was that supposed to be all one long link?

Not sure how you got that link, but here's what I get.

G+ page with images - looks fine.
https://plus.google.com/109278773301528079710/about?gl=us&hl=en

And the cid I get from there is a nice clean CID. Again not sure how you got that other link.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&cid=12780582572116584140

copied in full below
HTML:
https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&cid=12780582572116584140

What do you need to adjust with categories? Cats are kinda messed up and having issues right now.
Plus we can't see what cats are in dash.

What do you have in dash now and what do you need to change it to?

Reaction score
Thanks, Linda - I'm not sure wherei got that weird link either except fro mthe page i was on. Another question - i need to add a category and add photos (There are no photos on th emaps listing in analytics....only 80% complete). Should i do that FIRST and THEN try to verify the listing?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
There are no photos on th emaps listing in analytics....only 80% complete). Should i do that FIRST and THEN try to verify the listing?

I don't really understand.

When you say "no photos on th emaps listing in analytics" Do you mean there are NONE in the dashboard? Because there ARE images on the listing.

So Google added those images? Or users did? Then yes you should add if there are none in the dashboard. Same with categories, go ahead and add them.

"THEN try to verify the listing?" You are talking verifying the Google+ page to merge them? Sure you want to do that? If this listing has had a lot of problems, may want to hold off. Google says not to merge listings that are having data problems. So if this listing is still problematic I would hold off and since G+ is still a little buggy I would not rush to merge/verify unless client is really pushing for it.

Reaction score
Correct - there are no photos in the dashboard but there are in the listing so i think Google scraped.

"THEN try to verify the listing?" Youare talking verifying the Google+ page to merge them? --> OK... I think this is where i'm having a lot of confusion. I thought you had said in a previous thread that all listings have already been merged into a google+ listing. That happened automatically. BUT to "verify" the listing we need to create a Google+ account and a local page and THEN we can verify. to clarify, client DOES NOT have a google+ account created yet.

Am i on the right track?

That being said, I will take your advise and 1) add photos to dashboard 2)add correct category 3) wait to verify in Google+

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Larry Do I need a Google Places Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 3
M Bar within hotel appearing in place of main hotel listing Help & Support for Google Local 6
NickB-Tampa How can I unsync Google My Business from my Bing Places listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
brownaddesign Help with Bing Places - Accidently imported all our GMB listings Local Search 3
LauraUK Placing a bulk "lock on" directory listings Citations 7
Justin Mosebach Google Maps Lists (Saved Places) Google My Business & Google Maps 0
marcusdb GMB duplicate marked as "Place Doesn't Exist" - can you recover the deleted listing? Google Duplicates & Merges 2
Tim Colling GMB Places listings for *Recruiting* offices, not customer-facing offices? Local Search 11
T Multiple Google Places Listing Help Help & Support for Google Local 1
C Best Ways to Find Duplicate Google Places/Plus Listings (Post Pigeon) Google Duplicates & Merges 10
Colan Nielsen Best Ways to Find Duplicate Google Places/Plus Listings (Post Pigeon) Google Duplicates & Merges 10
amy.inbound 2 Listings showing in Places Dashboard, Can't edit one - "Marked as Duplicate" Help & Support for Google Local 9
M Made Google+, then Google Places, now I have 2 listings? Help & Support for Google Local 10
G Places Listings Disappears, Reappears - HOW MANY Problems Do you Count? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
B How to Claim a Google+ Places Listing for the New Business Owner? Help & Support for Google Local 7
Dustybones Old Dashboard and New Dashbaord for places showing different listings Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Travis Van Slooten How Do We Create NEW Google Places Listings in 2014? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
Chris Ratchford Warning Email re Google Places Duplicate Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 53
Linda Buquet How to Create Fake Google Places Listings - Getting Google's Attention to Stop Spam Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Margaret Ornsby Is this new? Google May Delete Your Places Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 39
C Linking to the actual Google Places listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Susan Walsh New Business - Start off with Places For Business Listings or Google+ Local Page? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
F Can't get my competitors illegitimate Google Places listing removed!! pls help!! Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Matthew Newman Google moving listings out of the Places for Business Dashboard? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
shondarogers How do you know if your places listing is disconnected from your site? Local Search 3
Tom Bristol New Practice - Google+ Business Listing or Google Places Google My Business & Google Maps 2
R Not Yet Published Google Places Listings Help & Support for Google Local 1
shondarogers Go with Dentist Places Listing or Try to Promote Office Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Optimize Prime Google allowing Management of Places Listings. Can anyone else confirm? Google My Business & Google Maps 12
Local Search News Curator How to Delete Your Google Places for Business Dashboard Listing in One Easy Step (Or Google My Business & Google Maps 4
L Adding New Listings in the New Google Places Dashboard - Minor Update NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
Linda Buquet Adding New Listings in the New Google Places Dashboard - Minor Update NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
Chris Ratchford "For $5000 we can post reviews to your Google Places listing!" Snake Oil Salesmen Google My Business & Google Maps 12
grantbrott Multiple Pages and Associated Places Listings Help & Support for Google Local 4
Local Search News Curator Google Now Auto-Merging Google+ Pages Into Google Places Dashboard Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 0
DanLeibson How to remove listings from the new Google Places dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 8
johncrenshaw Deleting Unverified Listings in the new Google+Local / Places Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 6
D Website dropped out of top 10 places listings in search results. Help & Support for Google Local 2
C Uploading Images on Google Places listing Help & Support for Google Local 2
S Uploading images on Google Places listing Help & Support for Google Local 7
J My Places listing is MIA Help & Support for Google Local 6
O Remove an unwanted listing from the new Places Dashboard! NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 15
Optimize Prime Remove an unwanted listing from the new Places Dashboard! NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 15
Linda Buquet Major Update - New Google Places Dashboard - All-in-one Local Listing Management Google My Business & Google Maps 101
R G+ Biz page as Verified Local Business, Delete Suspended Places Listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Jim Froling Yodel Claims Client's Places Listing but Dashboard Not Reflecting Changes Help & Support for Google Local 17
Colan Nielsen Accidentally Triggered a Google Places Verification After Listing Has Been Merged Google My Business & Google Maps 4
R Confusion with Verifying G+ vs Claiming Places Listing Help & Support for Google Local 14
Andrew Forster Updated Google+ Dashboard - Claiming Places Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 12
Linda Buquet Removing Places listing Recycle Bin 0