More threads by Claudia

Claudia

Solutions
Reaction score
I can no longer see my clients post views on my Google Business Profile. I have two different accounts with hundreds of location access. I checked if it was a manager or owner issue but that was not the case. Knowing that this is getting depreciated is that my issue? I also have this issue when using Google Maps on my phone. I can edit a profile but post views are gone. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

Solution
@JeffClevelandTN @Claudia

"Post impressions" and "Post Clicks" will not be available anymore as the old Google my Business API will be deprecated at the end of the month. We wrote on our blog about the Google Business Profile API update. In summary, the upcoming changes in February 2023 are:
  1. A clear focus on user actions
  2. No more split between ‘direct’, ‘discovery’ and ‘brand’ searches
  3. Overview of which keywords are used to find your business, along with volumes.
  4. Shows where your profile is viewed, Google Search vs Google Maps, Desktop vs Mobile.
  5. No more insights on photo views.
  6. No more insights on post views and post clicks.
We are working on pulling the keyword (volumes) for our customers...
Hey Claudia, there was a recent post with the same issue but unfortunately not a lot of feedback: Is anyone NOT seeing Google Posts "insights" data?

I think Google has also eliminated Post insights 😢. Here's my feedback from the other thread. Maybe someone can provide further insight or feedback, but based on Google's article, I think it has been removed from the Performance tab.

It was confirmed that Photo insights were being removed from Performance and the same appears to be true for Posts. Google no longer shows that Posts are included as a Performance Metric: Check your Business Profile performance & view Insights - Google Business Profile Help

It looks like you can access the Post interactions on an individual basis by clicking on the Post, when logged in as a manager. Since that info (for the time being) still shows on the individual posts, there may be some third party solutions that can access that info via the API.

While frustrating that the post metrics are removed from Performance, it is also frustrating that there isn't a more practical way to view "Updates" directly from the NMX interface.

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 9.09.21 AM.jpg

Hey Claudia, there was a recent post with the same issue but unfortunately not a lot of feedback: Is anyone NOT seeing Google Posts "insights" data?

I think Google has also eliminated Post insights 😢. Here's my feedback from the other thread. Maybe someone can provide further insight or feedback, but based on Google's article, I think it has been removed from the Performance tab.

My problem is I can not access on a individual post basis. When I look in the Google profile for a particular post the insights are gone.

Sorry for the misunderstanding ;).Let me take a look and see if they have gone away for me too.

Yep...they have disappeared at the individual post level on our client's also. I'm not familiar with the API for GBP, but it looks like they are deprecating the insights for Posts and are not replacing the functionality: Deprecation schedule | Google Business Profile APIs | Google Developers

Michel @GMBapi.com would you be able to share any insights if Google is discontinuing the collection of Post insights?

Interesting thank you for letting me know. I was going crazy, clearing cache and trying different browsers.

Reactions: JRS

"Post impressions" and "Post Clicks" will not be available anymore as the old Google my Business API will be deprecated at the end of the month. We wrote on our blog about the Google Business Profile API update. In summary, the upcoming changes in February 2023 are:
  3. Overview of which keywords are used to find your business, along with volumes.
  4. Shows where your profile is viewed, Google Search vs Google Maps, Desktop vs Mobile.
We are working on pulling the keyword (volumes) for our customers and analysing what the difference is between this data set and the keyword volumes in Search Console.

Solution

We are working on pulling the keyword (volumes) for our customers and analysing what the difference is between this data set and the keyword volumes in Search Console.

Thanks for sharing. I am aware of the new api and that the posts were getting depreciated. I always thought that post views for the month would still be available but not the individual post data. This clears it up

Here's an update that @JoyHawkins posted on a similar thread:
I got an answer from Google on this:

"It’s important to us to provide merchants with helpful insights about their Business Profile’s performance on Google, and users can see a depth of insights in the Performance tab when they access their Business Profile from Search or Maps.

While we are moving away from providing Posts Insights, Business Profile users will continue to have access to a number of profile insights like profile views, number of calls, messages, bookings and others.

If you have further questions or need help with other issues, please visit our Help Center or contact support.

Thank you for your understanding and patience."

Here's an update that @JoyHawkins posted on a similar thread:

At first I did not like the removal of photo views and post views, but I have come to realize that the engagement metrics is what really matters. Calls, directions, bookings, messages. These are more significant and therefore more relevant to the business. I'm looking forward to menu metrics. I hope they provide some good metrics on that feature as well as the products.

At first I did not like the removal of photo views and post views, but I have come to realize that the engagement metrics is what really matters. Calls, directions, bookings, messages. These are more significant and therefore more relevant to the business. I'm looking forward to menu metrics. I hope they provide some good metrics on that feature as well as the products.
Personally, it was nice to know the views on photos/posts to see what visitors found appealing, especially the posts. We often found that certain post types sometimes had significantly more views and/or clicks which allowed us to learn for specific clients, which photos and post content resulted in possibly higher engagement. As a workaround, at least for knowing post clicks, we have started using UTM in the links (which we probably should have done earlier). It is great to know the engagement metrics, but taking away individual metrics belonging to a feature of GBP like photos/posts decreases our ability to identify what is contributing to potential increases/decreases of calls, directions, bookings, messages.

Is there an honest reason to provide continual "updates" through GMB? Does anyone really read them? Does anyone USE Google Business as the "source" of information? I tend to believe that GMB is used primarily for customers to find websites, phone numbers, and driving directions, and that's it!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom