More threads by Martin Briggs

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I did my best to find the right solution beforehand but I couldn’t find an answer to this scenario, so apologies if I missed it.

A doctor has…

Practitioner listing 1 (address 1 - he’s no longer at this clinic)
Practitioner listing 2 (address 2 - he’s no longer at this clinic)

He’s now at a new clinic (in a different state) which has a single practice listing. As far as I know, he doesn’t want a practitioner listing at the new address. The client is happy to have just a practice listing for the new clinic.

So…what to do with the old practitioner listings?

1. If they are marked as permanently closed, they might still show up for searches for the doctor’s name as permanently closed which is a pretty bad experience - patients might think he’s no longer practicing.

1. Can you mark practitioner listings as moved to a practice listing?

1. Or is the only option to mark the old practitioner listings as moved to the same address as the current clinic and then mark one as a duplicate, and ensure the categories don’t conflict with the practice listing?

I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Practitioners who no longer work at a location should be able to request that the listing be removed from maps and search. Contact GBP support and request that.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom