Brian

Reaction score
I received a call from an attorney client yesterday saying he was getting calls on his private mobile phone from people that found his number on the web. When I looked up his office in Google the Google plus listing was showing his private mobile number. So I logged into his places account and noticed that the main phone number was listed correctly (not the private Mobile number). However, in the mobile number field, his private mobile number was listed. I deleted the private mobile number. However, as of today the listing is still showing the private mobile number. Help!

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Brian,

It can take some time for the edit to reflect live on the listing. To try and speed up the process, submit an edit with Report a Problem/Edit Business Details. Those edits can be approved in as little as a few minutes if an RER or Google employee gets to it fast enough. Sometimes edit reviewers will call the number before they review it. So make sure that your client doesn't answer the phone with the business name or they won't remove the number.

Make sure that the number isn't listed on any 3rd party sites so that Google won't pick it up again.

Brian

Reaction score
Hi Brian,

It can take some time for the edit to reflect live on the listing. To try and speed up the process, submit an edit with Report a Problem/Edit Business Details. Those edits can be approved in as little as a few minutes if an RER or Google employee gets to it fast enough. Sometimes edit reviewers will call the number before they review it. So make sure that your client doesn't answer the phone with the business name or they won't remove the number.

Make sure that the number isn't listed on any 3rd party sites so that Google won't pick it up again.

Thanks Colan for the quick response. To submit an edit with Report a Problem/Edit Business Detail, do I log into places? I cannot see the report a problem link there. Or should I report it through the maps interface?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Sorry Brian I had to be offline today, but if I'd been here when you 1st posted I would have suggested using the new phone support option and support could have fixed it right over the phone. But that option is only available during business hours so it's too late now. But you could do it Monday AM if it's not fixed by then.

Brian

Reaction score
Sorry Brian I had to be offline today, but if I'd been here when you 1st posted I would have suggested using the new phone support option and support could have fixed it right over the phone. But that option is only available during business hours so it's too late now. But you could do it Monday AM if it's not fixed by then.

I used the phone option and it worked really well. Amazing. What an innovative concept. Using the telephone to help people with their support issues. Those people at Google really have it together. LOL

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
hajnasiewicz GMB Listings Allowed for Grocery: Private Label Brands Service Area Businesses 2
djbaxter Conversations or private messages How To Guides 0
hajnasiewicz Grocery: Private Label Brands Service Area Businesses 1
Bruce Bird Opening hours for private bookings Local Search 2
Eric Marshall 3-pack ranking discrepancies in private vs normal browsing Google My Business & Google Maps 18
JustinB Citation Inconsistently with Private Address and Post Office Address Citations 8
F SEO education (expert program or private coaching) Local Search 7
Tim Colling Reporting Private Blog Networks Organic SEO 11
Linda Buquet PRIVATE Citations for "Hide your Address" Service Area Businesses? Citations 1
Colan Nielsen New Feature? Add Your Own Private Contact Details Google My Business & Google Maps 23
R GMB star rating popup on mobile Local Reviews 4
LaurenHoward Mobile SERPs showing wrong phone number on GMB NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
djbaxter Google Page Experience Signals for Ranking Apply Only to Mobile Organic SEO 0
C Lightning icon for new posts in mobile view Suggestions for the Local Search Forum 4
C Issue on Mobile Forum Tech Support 1
Lluc Health & Safety attributes for hotels displaying on mobile Google My Business & Google Maps 1
hajnasiewicz GMB on Mobile: "Directory" tab Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Mike G GMB Displaying Alternate PH# on Mobile Devices Help & Support for Google Local 3
Ross Barefoot Limitations Viewing a Listing on Mobile with Firefox Google My Business & Google Maps 4
john wieber Mobile Local SERPS Location Data in Result Local Search 5
Cordell Crowley Mobile Laser Tag: Suggestions for Primary Category? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
CraigJMount Mobility Reports- Apple Maps & Google Maps Local Search 2
C Bold and image in mobile listings Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter New Mobile Usability Issues Detected Mobile & Social 4
Caroline Call Now Button Disappeared on Google Posts Mobile? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
MKubot How do you rank in "Search by Photos" on mobile? Ranking Puzzles 0
virens GMB category for mobile bar NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
C Non-personalized results from mobile searches on your phone Help & Support for Google Local 6
hajnasiewicz Mobile > Directory Google News: Important Changes & Features 5
hajnasiewicz Non Technical info re: Mobile First Indexing Marketing 2
Niki Gross Mismatched Business Categories on Mobile Google My Business & Google Maps 1
W Mobile First Indexing Organic SEO 2
JoyHawkins New Display for Service Areas on Mobile Google News: Important Changes & Features 18
djbaxter Mobile ads and truth in advertising Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
djbaxter Quick Access to LSF for Mobile Devices How To Guides 0
nathangdavidson Local Teaser SERP feature more common for mobile searches? Local Search 2
djbaxter Google Search Console: False positive "mobility issues" frequent Mobile & Social 14
champiso Popups in the mobile to put a review to the exit of a local business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Ellen Search Console - Mobile Avg. Position Change for GMB tagged URL - June 1 Local Search 7
pony Newer Mobile Rich Results - How to Obtain? Local Search 2
SaraGarrison "Latest Photos" Display on Mobile Chrome Browser Google My Business & Google Maps 1
P Does Google Use A SAB's Mobile Phone Location/s As A Signal? Local Search 7
Rich Owings What's your favorite mobile emulator for desktop? Local SEO Tools & Software 3
JoyHawkins New Layout on Mobile for Branded Searches Google News: Important Changes & Features 7
Oliver Keates How to list a mobile business that doesn't have a fixed address Google My Business & Google Maps 3
djbaxter Page load speed a ranking factor in mobile search: Benefits Mobile & Social 1
hajnasiewicz GSC discontinues support for Mobile Apps end of the month (March 31, 2019) Mobile & Social 0
JoyHawkins "Interesting Finds" on Mobile Searches Google News: Important Changes & Features 6
hajnasiewicz GMB Business Profiles Mobile vs Desktop Local Search 2
Diogo Ordacowski GMB Messages - Now Forcing Setup Through Google Play or App Store Install on mobile phone? Google My Business & Google Maps 4