Laustin1878

Reaction score
Recently had two owners go there separate ways, peacefully thank the lord. I and the other partner are managers of the local Google+ page but the parting business owner is the official "Owner" of the page.

I've never done it before and don't want to mess things up as things are finally dialed in. How do I properly transfer the ownership to the other owner? Is it as simple as just logging in to the "owner" account and hitting a transfer button?

Scott Rawlins

Solutions
Reaction score
Only the owner of the page can transfer ownership. They would have to invite an email to become a "manager" first and have it accepted. Then, after 48 hrs or a week (can't remember the exact time frame), the current owner can transfer ownership over to a manager. Maybe this will help.

Transfer Ownership of a Page

Laustin1878

Reaction score
Thanks Scott. I know Google usually makes things look like it's simple until you start tinkering and find yourself in an ugly web of a mess. I wanted to verify it was as simple as stated as I've never done it before.

Laustin1878

Reaction score
These Google folk have me all flustered lately with changes, making things seem simple when in fact complex and the such. I've never been more timid to make changes then more recently.

Thanks again Scott.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D How to properly form site structure for power washing company that serves 10 towns? Local Search 6
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Google Doesn't Show a Proper Knowledge Panel with GMB Listing Multi-Location Issues 8
NickB-Tampa Listing with no ratings and incorrect address outranking listings for same business with good ratings and proper addresses Google My Business & Google Maps 5
L GMB Insights Data not Updating Properly Google My Business & Google Maps 2
S Automotive Dealership Parts & Service Listings Showing Near Proper GMB Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Lanerizz Google Short Link Not Working Properly Google My Business & Google Maps 18
Lanerizz Properly Closing a Location on GMB for Multi-Location Business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C Proper Way To Remove Address of Pre-existing Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Oleg Donets How to properly setup "Service areas" feature for SABs in GMB listing? Service Area Businesses 7
schmeetz How to Properly Organize Practitioner Listings Under a Company Citations 5
dsteiner Proper Page Structure for Multi-Location Lawyers? Local Search 6
A Reviews Not Showing Properly Local Reviews 6
JoyHawkins The Proper Way to do Keyword Research in 2016 Marketing 9
James Watt The importance of proper formatting Google My Business & Google Maps 8
A How I got my clients proper GMB in the Local Pack Ranking Puzzles 4
Amber Robinson How I got my clients proper GMB in the Local Pack Ranking Puzzles 4
Michael S. Doran Realtors and Agency offices, what is proper? Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Dustybones How to properly use Google Places descriptors. Google My Business & Google Maps 10
KungFuBacklinks Old G+ Business Page (Local Type) and Proper Verified G+ Local Listing Help & Support for Google Local 3
R What's the proper way to rank other keywords in places? Help & Support for Google Local 0
Nikki Stine GMB for Gun Shop pulls in 'FFL Transfer Fee' pricing from a Facebook Post. Is this normal? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
NickB-Tampa Issues with transferring GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Scott Rawlins Primary Refuses to Transfer GMB Ownership Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Peter Hill Location closing, transfer equity to nearby locs? Multi-Location Issues 2
brettmandoes Is anyone having trouble transferring listing ownership to a new account? Google Duplicates & Merges 1
tyler.hammer Transfer Account Contact Us Messages 1
danielwallace Needing to transfer reviews from local listings to 1 service area listing Google Duplicates & Merges 1
P Can I use? Schema.org [TaxiService as Airport Transfer Service] Local Search 6
M Easiest plugin to migrate [transfer] WP site? Websites, Software, and Security 2
lancemoore22 Transferring GMB ownership (when the manager) Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Rich Owings Google temporarily unable to transfer reviews Google Duplicates & Merges 8
Chaddow Transferring between two agency dashboards when only need access to one location group Google My Business & Google Maps 1
M *HELP* What to do when current owner denies transfer request. Google My Business & Google Maps 4
F Transferring domain equity from a subdomain to a primary domain Organic SEO 3
R Google 'Business Account' Blunder - Transfer Ownership, Don't Export/Import Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Gsmithmike Cleaning, transferring or updating the address of the new location? Local Search 5
Linda Buquet Multiple Managers & Transfer Ownership Added to Local Google+ Business Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Local Search News Curator New Google Places For Business Accounts Can Now Be Transferred to a New Owner via G+ Google My Business & Google Maps 0
R New Dashboard - Business Description Format does not transfer G+ site Local Search 1
A Transfer Google Listing into a different account? Help & Support for Google Local 2
Hammer Site manager trying to get listing ownership All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
valentinb13 No support follow up on getting access to/ownership of existing listings Help & Support for Google Local 2
S Trying To Gain Ownership of Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Can Changing a Listings' Ownership delete the Comments? Local Search 2
Kevin Marshall GMB Listing Ownership Hijacked Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Cordell Crowley 3-Day Change of Ownership for a Google Maps listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
L Lost Ownership of Listing - Not Sure How to Get Back Google Duplicates & Merges 4
DigitalMarketer LLC & Google My Business Listing Showing Ownership Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A Ownership Request Options Google My Business & Google Maps 3
D Requested ownership, didn't hear back - What now? Multi-Location Issues 5