More threads by travelincat

Reaction score
I have a client that has a service business that GMB is displaying his address. After repeatedly removing it manually by me., upon returning to the listing, the address returns with this at the top:

"This location has updated information from Google users or other sources. Review these published updates to make sure that they're accurate"

How can I remove it permanently. I have posted this question on the GMB help forum with no answer.

Thank you,

@travelincat, are you saying that Google keeps showing the address publicly, despite your having removed it from the dashboard (and specifying a service area instead)?

@travelincat, are you saying that Google keeps showing the address publicly, despite your having removed it from the dashboard (and specifying a service area instead)?

Yes. I have removed it at least a dozen times and within minutes it is back with the mention of recommendations by Google users as the reason.

The business was initially submitted by the owner, we were hired to help clean it up. I am not 100% sure that he indicated that it was a service business initially, but see no way to check that now.

In that case, the first thing I'd try is to remove the address from the site (or at least the landing page). Then do likewise on the important citation sources, or specify a service on them.

Also, make sure Moz Local or Yext or a similar service isn't syncing with your GMB page (if you're using a service like either of those).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom