More threads by jvaquino

Reaction score
We are doing a cleanup for a business of ours and we noticed these sites

local.katc.com
local.meridianstar.com
local.kpax.com
local.naplesnews.com

There are tons of it actually!

These kind of sites scrape data from local.com?

If we fixed data on local.com then will those site show the new and updated info?

What happened is that we did fixed and claimed citation on just one of those site and automatically you can use the login in any of those network site. Plus you just need to update the citation on one of those site.

The problem is that, instead of updating the info of that citation, the site created a new profile and the one we are trying to update has the same old info and live on the site.

And the interesting about it, it also created new profile on local.com

Does anyone encountered this same problem?

They are probably getting it from yellowbot.

Yellowbot typically creates directories on news sites.

We are doing a cleanup for a business of ours and we noticed these sites

local.katc.com
local.meridianstar.com
local.kpax.com
local.naplesnews.com

There are tons of it actually!

These kind of sites scrape data from local.com?

If we fixed data on local.com then will those site show the new and updated info?

What happened is that we did fixed and claimed citation on just one of those site and automatically you can use the login in any of those network site. Plus you just need to update the citation on one of those site.

The problem is that, instead of updating the info of that citation, the site created a new profile and the one we are trying to update has the same old info and live on the site.

And the interesting about it, it also created new profile on local.com

Does anyone encountered this same problem?

It's local.com. I think awhile back they must have done a push with local news websites and sold them their data so they could have a "local search directory".

Unfortunately, local.com seems to be experiencing a lot of issues and/or turmoil. We haven't been able to get their claiming process to work with consistency and last week their "Advertise with us" option that you used to claim a listing redirected to Yext, making it seem like they were getting out of the local game altogether. Today, I checked it and it looks like it's back to normal. But it still begs the question of how committed local.com is to their directory still.

And if they're that uncommitted to their directory then how committed are they really to pushing out fresh, corrected data to their partner sites? I think you have an uphill battle ahead of you.

The good news though is that many of local.com's partner sites don't seem to be that well indexed because they are submitting local.com's duplicate content. So, you shouldn't have that many to worry about it. After all, if Google can't index the citation, why worry about it?

I would email local.com's customer support and see if they have any answers.

Local.com is a pain. It seems the only way to do it is with yext. . . can anyone else get this any other way? They claim to get their data from axciom, yet, I have clients that have had correct data from axciom for a long long time, and they haven't updated their records.

Local.com is a pain. It seems the only way to do it is with yext. . . can anyone else get this any other way? They claim to get their data from axciom, yet, I have clients that have had correct data from axciom for a long long time, and they haven't updated their records.

They claim that when you click on "advertise with us" on the homepage and fill out the info that it should trigger their claim system. They say while they do forward you to Yext, you should still get an email from local.com allowing you to sign up for free.

How true this is, I'm not sure. I've tried a few, with no results. Then I tried one the other day and it worked. Tried one a few days later...nothing.

I've emailed their support and I've gotten mixed results. Sometimes they reply back very quickly. Sometimes they don't reply at all. You have to wonder who is running things around there or if they are being run at all.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom