More threads by julie-b

julie-b

Reaction score
I have already brought this problem to the community (Client's business profile suddenly not visible on desktop and dropped significantly on mobile - Google Business Profile Community)

My locksmith client's profile (KLS Locks) is no longer visible at all on desktop (although his profile is not suspended) and it has dropped over 30 places on mobile. Before this issue, he was usually appearing ~ #2 on desktop and mobile for 'locksmith Orpington'. He is a service area business with no address visible.

When I brought this problem to the community (Client's business profile suddenly not visible on desktop and dropped significantly on mobile - Google Business Profile Community), it was suggested that maybe because he has another business profile (Google Maps) the service area locations may be overlapping and causing a problem. I have tried to separate out the service areas to rule this out. However, my client was getting very worried about the large drop in business and decided to remove the second GBP (Google Maps)

I'm just worried that there's still something wrong with his main profile. He is losing a lot of business because of this and would be very grateful for your help.

Attachments

• kls locks.txt
    256 bytes · Views: 174
Last edited:
I'm hearing a few cases like this lately and I'm starting to wonder if it's related to the algorithm updates. Analyzing ranking drops is really time consuming and needs a pretty in-depth knowledge of the site, business, and competitors so I'm hesitant to offer advice on this. I would suggest looking to see if their organic ranking dropped as well or if it's just the local pack rankings.

I originally set up about 6 years ago from a postal annex, that's a place that ships parcels, and has mailboxes. I get all my mail from there. Anyway I've been #1 on the maps for many years in my community. About June, the manager took the address down and put up a local area, very wide, the whole San Diego County. Three days ago, I am not visible on the map at all for the main key word, on any pages. I haven't been suspended, but I tried to login to my account from the wrong email, and google couldn't even find the business at all. My marketing guy says I need to get an office, and list it as an address, but I want some other perspectives. Did I just lose ranking, or am I toast for good, in your opinion? I will say I DO rank, at the very bottom, for one long tail arcane keyword.

Thanks for the quick reply. It is just the local pack rankings that have dropped, organic rankings are still doing very well.

I think this is the third thread I've seen saying they can't find themselves anywhere.

Is the listing still live on Maps? If so, can you link to it?

Can you confirm the last date you saw yourself ranking for the keywords you're referring to?

I think this is the third thread I've seen saying they can't find themselves anywhere.

Can you confirm the last date you saw yourself ranking for the keywords you're referring to?

This is not a thread you saw before; I am new here.

The listing is still live, but it isn't on maps, for the most part. Here is the link to it: Andy’s Tree Service.

If a person does a search for tree service escondido, I do not show up on the map. For that search term I was #1 for many years. Also if you search Andy's Tree Service in the address bar, my map page does not show up either. This happened I think last Thursday or thereabouts.

I merged the 2 threads about this same topic so there is one place where people can compare notes. I had someone message me about something similar and I'll ask them to weigh in here. It looks like you both experienced the drop in the last 5-6 days. This does correlate with the date range for the Useful Content Update so it's possible that's what is going on here.

I wanted to add that I'm actually seeing this as well for Sterling Sky's listing. We don't really care about our GBP much because it's not how we get clients so I don't often pay attention to it. We had it get suspended a little over a month ago and what was odd was that when I filled in the reinstatement form, the support team acted confused when they responded to me and said the listing was live (but it absolutely was suspended - I have the email alert telling me so).

Did either of you experience suspensions recently?

1662986535760.jpg

I wanted to add that I'm actually seeing this as well for Sterling Sky's listing. We don't really care about our GBP much because it's not how we get clients so I don't often pay attention to it. We had it get suspended a little over a month ago and what was odd was that when I filled in the reinstatement form, the support team acted confused when they responded to me and said the listing was live (but it absolutely was suspended - I have the email alert telling me so).

Did either of you experience suspensions recently?

1662986535760.jpg

We did experience a suspension around April 2022.

Hi Joy,

We are also experiencing similar issues where we are not showing up at all in Local Pack.

The listing is live on maps. Here it is: North State Garage Doors, Llc

I can confirm the issue started Friday 09/09/2022 so we were showing up before then.

Hey all, wanted to chime in here. I have a SAB client that saw a complete drop from maps and local map pack as well. The drop seemed to start on September 6th, and now everything is reporting zero views of the GBP.

This company is a relatively niche business consulting firm in NYC. They also rank top 5 for a few great keywords and have lost no rank in organic search. Little more than half of the traffic came from the map pack though, which is now completely absent.

No suspensions in its history, only a switch from address to SAB about 6 months ago.

Screenshot 2022-09-12 060729.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-12 060809.png

Last edited:
I had a SAB contact me that they are no longer showing up. He reached out on the 7th. I can get his KP to trigger in Pasadena, but not when I change my location to Beaverton. Instead, I get a similarly named business instead that has their address showing.

Are you guys tracking ranking from a single point? Grid rank trackers are not showing the same decline that appears when you're scanning from a single location. I'm actually even seeing increases in some for our listing when I look at grid tracking.

Also, do the keywords you're checking use geomodifiers? Ie: Plumber Toronto vs just Plumber

1662989570062.jpg

Are you guys tracking ranking from a single point? Grid rank trackers are not showing the same decline that appears when you're scanning from a single location. I'm actually even seeing increases in some for our listing when I look at grid tracking.

Also, do the keywords you're checking use geomodifiers? Ie: Plumber Toronto vs just Plumber

1662989570062.jpg

Massive drops too on Local Search Grid (brightlocal) showing 21+ for every single point and it shows a -18.3 decline change.

Using city modifier and near me modifier.

@AndrewbTree not sure if you have more than one page on your website but I don’t see a menu on the site from mobile. My guess.. if you don’t have many pages, you might benefit from adding more. More times than not, I’d assume a website with “helpful content” would probably have more than one page.

This is not a thread you saw before; I am new here.

The listing is still live, but it isn't on maps, for the most part. Here is the link to it: Andy’s Tree Service.

If a person does a search for tree service escondido, I do not show up on the map. For that search term I was #1 for many years. Also if you search Andy's Tree Service in the address bar, my map page does not show up either. This happened I think last Thursday or thereabouts.

@JoyHawkins This SAB listing stopped appearing in the local pack last week or so. The listing doesn't appear for listing title + location, nor when geo is set for the GBP registration address.
There is definitely something wrong with this listing. The Knowledge Panel is missing street view along with the little blurb at the top that says the city and category you're in. Every listing with an address + pin should have this.

1662990412455.jpg

1662990416579.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom